Chapter 26 - Eve

I opened my eyes, and I was blinded by the bright lights. There was a figure standing over me, but I could not see who it was. My throat was hurting, and I felt like I could not breathe. I reached up and felt around my face and could feel that the tube was still in my throat. I tried to pull it out, but someone stopped me.

"Miss, I need you to relax." A calm voice said to me.

"Everything's going to be okay. Once you relax, we can remove the tube." He told me.

I blinked a few times until I could see who was talking to me and eventually my vision cleared, and it was the doctor who had been working on Dean.

I laid back and did what he said. I was more than glad when he removed the tube. I wanted to talk but my throat was so dry it felt impossible. He handed me a small cup and I quickly drank it. Once I was done, I placed the cup down on the table next to my bed and looked back to him.

"Dean. Is Dean, okay?" I asked him.

The doctor looked at me surprised.

"You really should be worrying about yourself. Your heart stopped and we don't even know why." The doctor said to me.

"I'll be fine." I told him. "How is Dean?" I asked again.

"He is awake. And responsive. He is getting some tests done so I can better understand what happened." He told me.

"Oh thank god. Can I see him?" I asked.

"Once you're done with your tests." He told me.

"I don't need any tests." I told him.

"I disagree." He said to me.

"I'm fine. Thank you for saving my life but I'm signing myself out. I won't consent to any tests." I told him.

He was about to argue but there was a knock on the door. It opened up and Sam was standing there.

The doctor moved over and made room for Sam.

"I'll leave you two alone. Maybe you can talk some sense into your friend." He said to Sam.

Once the doctor was gone Sam looked at me.

"What was he talking about?" Sam asked me.

"He wants me to take some tests to see why my heart stopped." I told Sam.

"And you refused because they won't find anything." He finished for me.

"Exactly." I responded.

"So, are you okay?" He asked me.

"Yeah. Besides my throat I feel fine." I said to him.

"Good." He said and then punched me in the arm.

"Oww. What the hell Sam?" I yelled at him.

"Don't you ever do anything like that ever again!" He yelled at me.

"Sam, keep your voice down." I told him.

"No. Do you have any idea how worried I was? I was worried that I would not be able to bring you back and guess what I was right. You almost died!" He yelled at me.

"Sam." I said, trying to calm him down.

"No, no you did die. You died Eve and I could not bring you back. I told you I did not want to do that, and you gave me no choice. Family does not do that." He said to me.

I could not help but smile at him.

"Why are you smiling?" He asked me annoyed.

"You called me family." I told him.

"Well, that's what we are." He said to me.

I could not control myself. I jumped up and wrapped my arms around him. It wasn't until he hugged me back and I could feel his hands on my back that I realized I was in a hospital gown.

I moved away from him and looked down at myself.

"How long was I out?" I asked him.

"A long time. Long enough for Dean to wake up and freak out." He told me. "They practically had to drag him to his tests. I told him I would stay with you."

"He was worried?" I asked.

"Yes, he was worried. Why wouldn't he be? Plus, he does not remember anything from over there." Sam told me.

"Really nothing?" I asked him.

"I don't think so." He answered.

"What the hell happened over there? Why did the shot not work?" He asked me.

I could tell he thought it was his fault that he had done something wrong.

"The shot did work. That was not the problem." I told him.

"What was the problem then?" He asked me.

"The demon was there." I told him.

"The yellow eyed demon?" He asked as he stood up and took a step back.

"Yep." I responded.

"What did he want?" He asked me.

"He wanted to keep me there." I told him.

"Why?" He asked as he sat back down on the bed.

"He did not want me to come back and help you." I told him.

He looked at me with an expression I could not read.

"Don't tell Dean." He finally said.

"What? Why?" I asked him confused.

"How do you think he will handle it if he found out the demon tried to kill you?" He asked me.

"Would he even care now that he knows I'm a witch?" I asked him.

"Eve." He said to me.

"It's a serious question. When your dad found out he tried to shoot me." I told him.

"Is that what our dads fought about?" He asked me.

"Yeah." I told him.

"We're not our dad." He told me.

"You maybe but Dean worships him." I said as I looked at my hands.

"It was a surprise, but that does not change the fact that you're still Eve. You're still family." He said to me.

"Thanks." I said.

"Dean should be back from tests. Do you want to go check on him?" He asked me.

"Yes." I said to him. "Now get out so I can get dressed."

I looked around and could not find my clothes.

"Sam, I have some close in my trunk can you go get them for me?" I asked him.

"Already did." He said to me as he threw a bag filled with my clothes at me.

"Did you have that bag the entire time?" I asked him.

"Yes, unlike you I can't make things magically appear." He said to me as he walked out of the room so I could get changed.

Once I was dressed, I walked out in the hallway to see Sam. I was expecting some resistance from the staff, but the doctor seemed to have told them that I was leaving because no one tried to stop me.

I followed Sam into the room where Dean was staying.

"I can't explain it. The dema's vanished. The internal contusions are healed. Your vitals are good. You have some kind of angel watching over you." The doctor told Dean as me and Sam entered the room.

Dean looked at me and smiled then back to his doctor.

"Thanks, doc." He said then the doctor turned to leave.

He stopped when he saw me.

"Sam could not change your mind?" He asked me.

"No one can change my mind." I told him.

Then he left the room.