19. Cara

"Here. What you asked for."

I took the scroll from Micah as he frowned. "Don't furrow your brows."

"Why do you need this map?"

"Because we require what it leads to."

Micah's frown only deepened. I sighed and stopped walking under a large tree's shade.

"Micah. We need every little source of power we can get."

"But why the map to the Hunter's Tomb?"

I clicked my tongue.

I glanced at Ellana and she bowed, taking steps back along with the other two maids assigned to me during this stroll outside.

Casting a quick silencing spell, I tuned to look at Micah as the wind ruffled his hair.

"We need the Hunter's power."

He stared at me before laughing lightly.

"Right. What's the real reason?"

"This is it." I shrugged. "It's no joke, Micah." I headed to the chairs arranged outside and sat down on one of them.

Micah hurriedly followed my lead.

"Are you telling me your powers won't be enough?"

I mused, "Right now? No. Further Further the road?" I swallowed thickly. "Not without my harem incomplete."

He stared at me, groaning. "Then why don't you just tell them the truth?"

I quirked a brow. "Why do you think I had to take their memories away in the first place? It's too risky."

Well, that was half the truth.

Micah shut up because I was right. Then he frowned. "But are you planning on waking up the Hunter then? After you had to go through so much trouble sealing him inside that tomb?"

I smirked. "Now you asked something worthwhile." I gestured again towards Ellana and she bowed in affirmation before leaving.

Micah glanced between us with an inquisitive look but didn't speak. I leaned forward on in my seat before explaining.

"The Hunter won't be woken up. But we will borrow his power."

Eyes narrowed, he tilted in head.

"Do you know he had a lover?"

Surprise flickered over his face, "What?" He looked uncertain."The Hunter with extraordinary powers, powers that belonged to a different world altogether....that cold-blooded, violent man......he had a lover?"

I chuckled lightly as I nodded. "Indeed he did. Before we sealed him in the magic tomb, I'd gotten that information."

I'd suspected that it could be useful for me in the future despite the fact that when we had sealed him and at that time Killian hadn't been a prominent threat. However, a bloodline with the Hunter powers would surely someday be helpful.

I hadn't know my foresight would be so useful and come into effect so quickly.

"Then....." Realization hit Micah and his eyes sparkled, "Does that mean you know a descendent with dormant powers of the Hunter in their blood?"

I gave him a self-satisfied smile. "Correct. And Britt just proved herself by helping us find the Map to the Tomb. For now you can give her freedom to roam the Eastern parts of the Palace. Make sure to convey the message."

Micah nodded.

Just then, Ellana returned with a person behind her.

I smiled at the brunette who stared at me slack-jawed.