Two birds - a christmas story (part 2)

As soon as they reached Lloyd's home they bursted into the door all at the same time, pushing and stretching amd pulling to be first.

By now the snow storm had gotten so bad Lloyd even had trouble finding his own house and so they were walking from where they left the car for about 10 minutes, and it felt like hour, even though the house was only a few blocks away.

Snowman.

That's what Cole felt like.

Like the snowmen he and his mother had always, every winter, built before she got too sick to even leave her bed.

Lloyd's home was big, very old but warm.

The hallway was small but as Lloyd opened the kitchen door on the left side he saw that it was very big and leading directly to an open dining room.

The rest of the friends took their shoes off, hanged their jackets on the wardrobe and stormed off after Lloyd into the kitchen.

Cole just stood there, playing nervously with his fingers.

"Cole?", he heard Lloyd's voice.

"Are you coming? My parents aren't home, but I bet it's no problem for them I'm having guests"

But for the other guests it is..., Cole thought.

But he took his snowy shoes off and followed the others.

"We have some pizza in the fridge, take whatever you want", Lloyd offered and took a seat.

The others did not hesitate.

Cole did.

"I- I probably should go now. I caused enough trouble", he said and turned back to the hallway. "Also my dad must be worried", he lied to give his sudden leaving another reason than just him being very uncomfortable.

This was when the lights went out.

The power failed.

Cole sighed.

"Cole, you should stay here a little longer I guess"

What was more surprising?

The fact that he deep down really liked the idea of staying longer - not only because of the storm outside - but because he has to take this chance or else he could never forgive himself.

Or that JAY was the one who offered him to stay this time.

A small smile rushed over his lips but he forced a neutral face as he took a seat next to...

Kai.

Under the candlelight.

Wow.

"So, Cole", Lloyd began to smalltalk.

He gulped the bite of pizza.

Then Lloyd went quiet.

Because yes... what are they supposed to talk about?!

-So Cole, why did you bully us? What were you trying to achieve with that.

-Oh absolutely nothing but I was too afraid of loosing the only friend I ever had.

Now he knew it was wrong.

He says he wants to as well,

And now he noticed that if he would have left Rick the minute he started bullying the four teenagers, he could sit there with them now - being part of the group.

The second he thought this he could've slapped himself.

How stupid.

Who wants to be friends with me?