Ninjago Movie AU - the beat of my heart |||

Last Part ^^
_______________________________________

Slowly Kai made his way back to his car.

He had parked on this free lot which was like 15 minutes on foot away.

But at least free.

The money was not the problem for Kai right now but it made him feel a little bit better that he not also has to pay for parking.

The problem was that his anger had seriously fast turned into sadness.

Depression almost.

He felt like there was no sense to anything right now at all.

His bachelor thesis was probably the biggest bull or else they would've taken better care and not loose one page.

He can't find a new job.

Nya has given up on trying to reach him and probably hates him as much as the rest of the team does.

"The team", he huffed. There was no team.

Not anymore.

And all because of him.

Because he was too scared to scared of his true feelings for Cole back then.

To scared to admit it to anyone.

And still.

Still scared to admit to himself that he still loved Cole.

He did all this now and for what? Cole was gone, in his hotel room and first spinjitzu master knows where it was!

And Kai was here alone.

Wondering how he could've been so stupid to believe it was that easy.

After 10 years just walking up to Cole and bringing out an lame apology?

An "Excuse me Cole, I didn't mean to make you the biggest laughing stock in all highschool. I meant to save you from getting beaten up but..."

But what?

He was a looser? A scared little... kid.

So yeah. The security guard was right.

Wohoo.

Kai began to shiver in his thin zipper and suddenly a bright advertisment followed by the most heavenly smell made him stop on the middle of the sidewalk.

He hadn't noticed the little coffee shop before but maybe because it wasn't that dark then and they now really showed off with their neon, sparkling sign.

"Ninjago's best coffee", it said.

And since Kai hadn't eaten anything since lunch, and since his stomach was also on another level empty (everything in him felt empty, hollow), he was willing to find out.

So he entered the cafè.

*

Since today was offically Kai's lucky day, the barista told him all chocolate cake was gone for today and pointed surreptitiously to her right.

There in the dark corner a young man sat in front of the biggest piece of chocolate cake Kai has ever seen somebody attempt to eat.

How would this even fit into the small figure he was.

He thanked the barista anyway and instead ordered a black coffee and a sandwhich.

Then as another guest walked in, Kai took the moment the barista was distracted and ran straight towards the boy with the chocolate cake, sat down on the neighbor table.