2

"Good morning" Valt caught up with Algería. "Good morning, Valt" "Have you already decided whether you want to take part in the tournament?" "Yes, and I'll tell you right away, I won't spare you" "But you will train with us, won't you?" Algería laughed. "Of course. We're friends and a team" Valt grinned and his eyes sparkled. "Great!" After school, and after a brief visit to Valt's home to eat Bey bread and take his siblings with them, the two ran to the arena where the tournament was taking place. "Is Honcho there too?" Valt looked around. "This tournament is a chance for every blader here in Japan. I guess he won't miss the chance" "Ah!" Algería looked at Valt, who had apparently found the others. "HELLO! HONCHO! SHU!" Valt waved to the two of them. While Honcho pretended not to know Valt, Shu's gaze stayed on Algería again. She knew exactly why, but they both pretend they didn't know each other.

Finally, the registrations followed. Bladers from the district scanned their launchers and a photo was taken. The beys of the individual bladers were displayed on the large screen. "Hey Valt! Don't forget the basics!" Algería looked at Toko and Nika, they were probably also a little worried about Valt. "Exactly, the basics!" Valt shivered as he scanned his starter. "As long as I remember them, all-! I bit my tongue" And the picture was taken. "Oh man..." Algería laughed when Valt came up to her. "Looks great" "Don't make fun of me" "Who do you think you'll fight against in the first battle?" "I don't care, I will defeat everyone" All negative emotions had evaporated, which made the redhead grin. Valt was strange. "Excited?" "Oh. Hello Honcho" Honcho joined the two of them. "Not a bit-" "I was talking to Algería" Valt looked at Honcho offended. "A little. It's my first tournament after all." "Yes, mine too-" "Valt!" "What?" Algería ignored the two fighters and looked around. "Are you looking for someone?" //He should be here too...// "Algería?" She looked at Valt. "I'm sorry, what?" "Are you looking for someone?" "No, everything's fine" Valt looked at Algería in surprise and Honcho also found that strange.

"Hello Bey friends and welcome to this year's district championship. The rules are simple: each blader was assigned to a block when registering and only the best blader of each block has the chance to score here. In the semifinals, the best bladers of each block will fight against each other and the two remaining meet in the final. Let's begin"

"Which block are you in?" Valt looked back and forth between Algería and Honcho.

"Let's start with the first battle in Block A. The first two Bladers are: Rantaro Kiyama and Valt Aoi"

"Wha-?" "That was unexpected" "Me versus Honcho?" "Yes and now go, otherwise you'll be disqualified" Algería shooed the two of them to the rear rooms for the bladers. "Will that be okay?" "Shu..." Shu stood next to Algería, Toko and Nika next to him. "Does he know you're here?" Algería studied his profile. "Are you afraid that he'll show up at any moment and take the booth apart?" "Would be too trustworthy" Valt and Honcho took the stage. "Don't worry, he knows about it" "Who are you talking about, Shu?" The white-haired boy reached for the scar on his right eye. "Not so important" Toko and Nika looked back and forth between the two of them. "Focus on Valt's Battle" "Right" "YOU CAN DO THE VALT!" "YES, THINK ABOUT THE BASICS!" Valt was very tense, very different from Honcho. Probably one of the reasons why Roktavor was able to kick Valtryek out of the arena. "Hey Valt" Valt looked to his friends. "Don't forget what you told me on the way here" Valt looked at Algería in surprise, then grinned and nodded. "Ready? On your marks" "3,2,1. Let it rip" Again Valtryek attacked Roktavor and it looked like Valtryek had a mind of her own. She attacked over and over again. Valt was on fire. "Keep it up, Valtryek! Time for a rush launch" "A rush launch?" Valtryek attacked relentlessly, giving Roktavor no chance for a counterattack, Honcho had his back to the wall.