13

"Ken came by and you didn't call us?" "Sorry but he just said he wanted to fight" "Yeah, that sounds like him" It was a day after the second round of Team Battles. The Beigoma Academy Bey Club had gathered again on the roof of the school to train. In the semifinals they fight the Beasts, Ken's team. "I noticed something during the fights...Valtryek tries a Super Awakening" "A Super Awakening?" "And what makes you think that?" "Do you remember how Valtryek acted before the first awakening? It was like that again this time" "So that means that Valtryek can get even stronger" "And why didn't you say that before? My ego feels injured" "Sorry Honcho but now I can show you" Valt picked up his launcher and faced the arena. "3,2,1 Let it rip" He launched Valtryek into the arena. The five watched her move a little uncontrollably. It definitely resembled the behavior back in the Sword Flames dojo. "Is that it?" "Yes" "Actually it was the same in the Cyclone Arena" "Wait, then wasn't it the arena that caused this movement?" "No and Lui is the only one who noticed"

//Lui...//

"The next Team Battle is coming up. Do you think you can compete like this?" Valt considered. "Has Ken seen that yet?" "Yes, of course. Why?" "Because you don't tell your opponent your strategy" Valt looked at Algería. "Is it really so bad?" "Think about it. Ken knows that Valtryek is a bit unstable and after that they can lay out their strategy. It doesn't have to be Ken you're fighting but such information is kept private. Is there anything else you can tell him have?" "Only...that Shu starts with his left hand" "With the left?" "I've only practiced with it. I wouldn't say I've mastered it well enough to use it in the battle" Algería sighed. "See? All good! So, now we decide who will compete in the next battle?" "And how are you going to do it?" "We play rock, paper, scissors" "What are you? Six years?" "Come on! This will be fun" "Why not?" "Okay" "Is there anything else we can do?" "Can we do it" "Well then! 3,2,1!"

The next day was the semifinals. The five friends fought the first fight against the Beasts. The second was Rideout against the Superstars.

"Day 3 of
team battles. It's time for the semifinals. First up we have the Beigoma Academy Bey Club vs the Beasts"

The teams came onto the stage and went to their corners.

"Let's introduce the three bladers who represent their teams. For the Beigoma Academy Bey Club, these are: Algería Warau, Rantaro Kiyama and their captain Valt Aoi. And for the Beasts: Ken Midori, Yoga Sakuratshima and Ben Azuki"

"Would our first bladers please step forward?"

"Watch me! I'll show you how to win" "Sure you will. We're counting on you." Honcho scanned his launchers and stepped onto the stage.

"The first battle is between: Rantaro Kiyama and Ken Midori"

"Are you ready for me?" "Sure we are" "Couldn't be more ready" "Ready? On your marks" "3,2,1 Let it rip" The battle began. Roktavor and Kerbeus raced toward the center. "Go, Chain Launch" They fought for the center, which was supposed to amount to an endurance fight. Kerbeus attacked again and Roktavor lost his balance a bit. "What's the matter my little warrior?" "It worked" Roktavor faltered more and more. "That's it for your Roktavor" "It's never over" "Face it. It's over" Kerbeus hit Roktavor, who slowed and stopped. "King Kerbeus gets a point for a survivor finish"

Honcho took Roktavor. "Such a crap!" "You've focused too much on your bey's stamina. If your connection to Roktavor is really as strong as you claim, then you could unlock Roktavor's potential. But you're still miles away from that." "What are you babbling about?" Ken turned and left. "Hey Ken! I don't like your tone young man! I only take constructive criticism!" Honcho grumbled and went back to his team. "Sorry guys...I really thought I could do it...I guess I was overconfident" "If one loses a point, the others catch up. It's not over yet." Algería looked at Valt, who to her saw and nodded.