Chapter 14 - After Party

Everything was like a dream come true at the Victoria's Secret Fashion Show, the glittery runway, the music, the beautiful sexy lingerie and the angel wings.  I didn't know they selected me as an Angel until the final fitting.  I was overwhelmed.  Cara and Toni cried when they found out the news, they were so happy for me.  I didn't tell Taylor, kind of want to surprise her on the runway.

We did a dress rehearsal without all the musical guests; they have their own rehearsals, we just have to wing it with them during live taping.  The day of the taping was crazy; there were so many people in backstage area, team after team of makeup artists, hair stylists, and costume stylists.   We were there early to get ready, even though the 3 of us were new but we did enough photo shoots and commercials that we know our places, it's just a different settings but the work is the same.  We were pretty calm even for first timers, other veteran Angels came to greet us, it was like a one big family party and we had a good time.

There was so much excitement builds up by the time taping gone on.  I didn't get to see Taylor until it was almost time to tape the show.  She had her own trailer parked outside backstage area, she came in right before taping with a British theme outfit and she looked beautiful.  Cara joked that she should be one wearing the costume.  We took some photos together but didn't get to talk.  She was in awe when she saw the wings on me.  Taping went perfect, it was a good show, Taylor's performance was flawless, we even did a bit of flirting on stage.  I was walking down the runway when I saw that new singer CH sitting in front row.  What the fuck is he doing in here?!  Don't tell me he's going to be in the After Party.

Show's over, Taylor stood next to me, I had my arm around her waist during group photos.
She whispered to me, "Come to my trailer."

I locked the door behind me as I walked into her trailer.  Taylor is still in her glittering dress.  I could tell she's nervous about something.

Without saying anything I walked to her for a tight embrace.

"That was a good show Tay."  I kissed her cheek.

"You did very well also.  I'm so happy you are an official Victoria's Secret Angel."

We parted and she looked away when I was about to kiss her lips.

"What's wrong?"  I'm getting annoyed sensing something is up.

"CH is here.  My team wants him to go to the After Party with me later."

It was bad enough to hear it; seeing their photos was making me sick to my stomach and now I have to witness them holding hands or maybe even kissing in front of me?

The air is thick inside the trailer.  I felt like someone is chocking me, I need air.  Without saying anything I walked out.  At this point I don't even know if I want to go to the party anymore.

I told Cara and Toni, they felt bad for me but encouraged me to go anyway, with or without Taylor.

All these rich bastards paid ton of money to be at the After Party thinking they could get laid with the models, fat fucking chance.  Many of the models are married or have boyfriend/girlfriend.  This is like high school party, boys on one side, girls on others.  All the models were together dancing, chatting ignoring all the guys on the other side.

I'm sitting by the bar alone with a drink in my hand.  I don't really like the taste of alcohol and definitely don't want to get wasted at this party, which is still part of work.  Toni and Cara were on the dance floor having a good time with other models.

Shouting and blinding flashes, even with loud music everyone could still hear it by the entrance.  Without even thinking I knew who was coming.  I looked away, facing the bar but I could still hear people shouting "Taylor, Taylor, look this way".

"You look bored."  A voice came next to me.  I turned, it's fellow model Jourdan.

I smiled.  "Seriously, I want to leave and go get a slice of pizza."  Finishing my tequila.

Jourdan laughed, "You don't have to stay long but while you are here, you mind as well enjoy yourself."

I smirked and am about to order a 2nd drink but Jourdan put a stop by pulling my hand down.

"No, that won't help.  The pain will still be there.  It's not worth it."

I looked at her with wide eyes.  "So it is real."  She said.

"What's real?"  I'm playing with the empty glass in front of me.

"You and Taylor."  Jourdan looked into my eyes.

I sighed.  "No, it's not real.  She's right there with her boyfriend."  My voice sounded very bitter.

"Come on, I'm not blind."  I did not say anything but put my chin on the bar table. 

"Real love hurts and I've been through that also."  Jourdan brushing my hair with her hand gently.

"Let's get out of here, I'm hungry."  I got up and when I turned around I saw Taylor walking to my direction without what's his name.  I grabbed Jourdan's hand and went to the exit door.

----------------------

"Pizza is so good in here."  Jourdan is savoring the last bite of her slice.

Two in the morning and we were eating at my favorite pizzeria in our expensive designer gowns with dripped tomato sauce on them.

I'm actually feeling better now that there's food in my stomach.  I worked with Jourdan a few times; she's a sweet girl but had her share of personal issues.

"Feeling better now Kar?"  Kar, Taylor loved to call me that also.  Why am I thinking of her now?

I shook my head.  "Yeah, finally."  I smiled to her.  "Thank you for coming with me."

"Well, you dragged me here."  I'm embarrassed now.

"Sorry about that, maybe you should go back to the party."  I feel bad.

"Nah, I'm tired anyway, it's been a long day.  But Kar, running away is not going to solve the problem.  You need to talk to her."

"There's nothing to talk about.  Her team is behind this."

"See, it's her team, not her.  You shouldn't be mad at her."  Jourdan is trying to reason with me.

"I know but...but it hurts." 

Jourdan looked behind me before getting up,  "Alright, time for me to go but you need to talk to her." 

I turned around and saw Taylor, still in her party dress.  Taylor said something to Jourdan before coming to my table.  My heart beat faster when she got closer.  Without saying a word, Taylor extended her hand to me.  I looked at her like a runaway child and took her palm for shelter.  We were quiet on the ride back to her penthouse.