.+* Chapter 7 - Adjustments *+.

* Eliza!

Ellie ran to me, forcing me to get up from the couch. I was such a couch potato.

* What's up Ellie?
I force a smile. She seemed...generally happy today. I had spent the last few years helping Ellie gain and react to emotions properly. Sure it was hard but, it was making baby stepped progress. It was better than nothing.

* Guess who's back?

I stared at her confused as the door opened and I dropped the cookies in my hands.

"Eliza...I'm back." Grim said.

I couldn't move. My eyes...I couldn't...my heart...it stopped. This had to be a dream.

* Well, say hello, Eliza!

* Grim...I...you left us. You left m-me..

"I'm so sorry Eliza, all this time I suffered everyday never forgetting you for one second.."

* You suffered?
Ellie left us to 'talk'.

* I spent 30 years without a clue as to where you were and you just LEFT. After the warnings Ellie gave you and yet  you still believed a filthy murderer over her.

Grim explained everything and I instantly regretted what I had said.

"Let's make a promise to each other. No matter what happens, we rise and fall together." He got his pinky out.

I couldn't even smile anything...I hadn't smiled in so long...

* Deal..

We made that promise and we intended on keeping it.

"You should undo your spell...and take a nap. You look exhausted!" He started making me some tea.

I told him sleep wouldn't change anything and that he's been through hell, he should be the one resting. But he was right, this controlling obsession I had created had to come to an end.

I walked outside and closed my eyes, raising my hand.

* 3...
It was going to hurt like hell.

* 2...
I prepared myself, oh boy.

* 1-

I let the spell go and every monster and human's negative feeling rushed out of me like knives stabbing through every inch of my body. I screamed as the magic released like a bomb. A purple explosion covering the entire timeline. Grim rushed outside and grabbed me before I could hit the floor from passing out. It was all over...finally over...

I was in my mind, but not around the table. It was a scene..from where? I dunno, but I was willing to watch it.

————————

* So both of you are siblings!

Ellie looked at Zir, laughing.

* I'm gonna beat you up so bad-!

She patted his back as he looked terrified at Grim.

"Father h-help."

Grim looked firmly at Ellie, and she said it was a joke. I saw myself laughing as I finished wrapping a present. Was this a dream or a reality? Were we going to end up happy again?

"Ow.."

* You alright, Zir?

He looked at his arm as it continued to glitch.

* It's still spreading huh..

"I can't figure out why, my dear.."

* I'm sure we'll find a way. 🙂 We must have hope and spirit, it's Christmas after all!

A little girl was running in with candy canes and two adults followed close behind her. A brown haired woman and a blonde haired boy. Who were they?

————————

I woke up to the sounds of Grim's snoring, music, and Ellie along with a voice I didn't recognise talking.

* I mean c'mon now Tord, this is your third time stabbing my soul, you have to get over yourself!

He chuckled.

*//I'll gladly do it a fourth time.\\*

Him.

I blasted him outside the door as I got up from the sofa.

* Eliza calm down, we were joking about!
Ellie held my hand before I blasted him into oblivion.

Tord came back in, frowning. Grim had woken up from all the noise. Grim was back.

But why wasn't I happy?

All I wanted was Grim back but... there was no light go ignite the fire in my heart anymore.

The next day I was cooking breakfast when a letter came through the door for me. I read it.

Dear Eliza,

You have been ordered to go to King Asgore's throne room to be judged for your unforgivable actions by Friday afternoon. Failure to do so will result in guards being forced to imprison you until further notice.

Advisors of the King.

It was Friday, and it was almost 4PM! I teleported quickly, telling Grim to go to Asgore if I wasn't home in an hour. The King sat, looking mad at my late arrival.

* Sorry...I only just saw your letter Your Maj-

* Silence.

Two guards grabbed my arms.

* You know what you've done, and I won't waste any time explaining your punishment.

The guards held me firmly as I saw Asgore grab a device. He never knew that I knew what it was. He was planning to suspend my magic!

* No.

I reversed time to when the letter came, casting a spell to make him forget what had happened. I couldn't have any more.