Showing Her.

wayne | pov

I have no clue what possesses me to actively seek out this girl. But on game day, I just wanted to be near her, without creeping her out. Through sneaky investigations I found out her name, Mackenzie. I like it, it suits her.

For 2 weeks I've been watching her. It's like she chooses a personality and dresses like it. One day, she wore pink dress like a Malibu Barbie. The next day, she was the girl next door with sweat pants and a crop top. It was kinda fun seeing what she would wear next. But on game day, in her little netball dress, she was all legs and I couldn't help myself.

She is currently standing next to me with her friends, that I've met along the way. She is carefree but slightly cautious because someone hurt her hand. I can see her steal glances at me and I'm not sure if she's confused about why I'm standing here right now but her friends don't seem to mind. "Do you guys remember when she slapped Melody? That's the day the whole school respected her," Tiffany says and I wonder how a girl who was hardly 5ft5, slapped another girl who was at least 5ft9. I turn my head to look at her in disbelief and her face says she wants to run and hide but she does something I did not expect. Mackenzie looks at me and says "Don't believe everything you hear about me or  you'll have that look on your face all the time." And now I'm curious.

While standing with the girls outside the netball court, I decide it's time for me to go. This is the chance I have to show Mackenzie that she has my attention, so I only hug her and just high 5 her friends and start to walk to my car.

They are a dynamic group but also very alike. All attractive and seem to be intelligent and athletic, with good humour. Surely a few of the guys here have tried to get with them. In the short time that I've been here, none of the I know have said anything about them. Listening to some conversations they've had about girls, the only thing I know is Micheal, Ivan, Luther and Shawn are close to girls with but they don't go nowhere near mentioning Mackenzie whenever the team is all together.

I'm going back. I have to know more about them, about her. " Wanye man, where have you been? Most of the team left and the others are staying for tennis or whatever," Ivan said as he found me walking towards the area I left the girls. "I was with Alliyah and them," saying this, I'm hoping he'll reveal something but his face lights up and he says we should go join them "Yo, those girls are good people. But I saw them walk to the lockers, probably going to the showers. I'll text Daphne and see if they wanna hung out," he is already taking his phone out and not even a few seconds later, I hear a ping and he gives me smile and I already know I see Mackenzie again.

▪▪▪

I can see and feel her get nervous at my touch. "Are you sure it doesn't hurt?" I ask Mackenzie who is sitting next to me, in a new outfit and her curls loose, she probably couldn't do it after showering because of her hand. I lift it up and touch her exposed fingers softly and I'm surprised she doesn't pull away. It's even more surprising that she doesn't take it away after I put it on my lap. "If it did, I wouldn't be sitting here right now," she looks at me and quickly looks away. She's avoiding eye contact, why?

Ivan is sitting next to Noel and he seems to like her, they are both loud. They make Mackenzie giggle a few times and I'm starting to feel her relax behind my shoulder. I'm sitting this close to her because I know that I smell good and girls tend to like guys who smell nice. So I'm going to use every weapon I can.