The Storm

Author   |  pov

"WHAT?!"

Almost chocking on a piece of fruit, Mackenzie can't help her shock.

"Well, what I heard was that Steven caught you making out with Noah and when he confronted you, you kissed him because you know you're his weakness," Ivan tells Mackenzie the story he heard from Shawn, who claims to have heard this story going around after yesterday's game.

Her mind is spinning right now as she paces up and down the kitchen. "Okay, I'll ask again. What?" The entire situation is confusing to Mackenzie. Ivan explains how he found out and that makes her laugh. "So people are believing it?" Ivan only nods and that makes Mackenzie stop to think a little. "Wayne believes it?" Ivan doesn't respond this time and things start to make sense to her.  "Ivan, I will not hesitate to kick your ass out. Is this why he isn't answering any of my calls?"

Ivan holds his hands out as if to surrender. "He is not answering my calls either. This is after he called and cussed me out, saying I let him think there was nothing going on between you and Noah."

Wayne called Ivan last night, furious and feeling betrayed by the 2 people he trusted the most at that school. He found out from Lucy, who called him as soon as she heard the rumours going around yesterday.

With a defeated look on her face, she looks at Ivan, "and you? Do you believe it?" Her voice breaks a little as tears threaten to escape.

He gets up and walks to her, holds both her hands in his. "No Mack, I know that's not you. As soon as I heard the part where you apparently kissed Steven, I knew it was bull," he pulls her closer to him and she lays her heard in his chest. "Don't worry about Wayne, he'll see that it's ridiculous and by tomorrow, everything will be fine," Ivan says, trying to comfort her.

"Will it?" Mackenzie asks with a soft voice and tears rolling down her cheeks.

▪▪▪

Mackenzie drags Ivan's by his sleeve into an empty hallway. "You said it was going to be fine yesterday. Does it look fine?" she punches his shoulder and he holds it to soothe the pain.

"Firstly ouch. Secondly, he is just acting out, he'll regret it by the end of the day," Ivan tries to cool the situation.

"Mack, what the hell is going on? Why is Wayne carrying Lucy's things and walking her to class. Her arms look fine from here," Alliyah shows up from around the corner and peaks at Wayne and Lucy, who are standing at Layla's locker laughing at a joke he made.

Ivan shrugs as he gets stared down by Alliyah, "he believes the rumour," and that earns him another punch on the excat same spot Mackenzie gave to him not long before that.

"Well tell him to stop it," Alliyah says like it's the easiest thing in the world.

Ivan laughs sarcastically, "I'm not a magician,"

"Guys stop. This isn't helping. I'm going to class," Mackenzie says but before she could move Tiffany and Luther show up as well.