Chapter 12 A Kiss In Time

You know what time I got up this morning? 8:00!!! I am most definitely NOT a morning person! I swear I just might kill Adam over lack of sleep.

"Hey beautiful," Adam said in his usual cheery voice. How is he so happy this early in the morning? Morning people, I swear. At least he called me beautiful. That makes up for the early hour. Guys take notes! If you want a girl to be in a good mood especially on a date, start the night by calling her beautiful.

"Hey." I reply.

"You know what day it is?"

"Uhh...not a school day?"

"Ha. You're funny but no. Today we're watching Sleeping Beauty."

"Yeah and you know what? I don't have any other Sleeping Beauty movies like Maleficent. I only have the animated Sleeping Beauty."

"Oh. Well that's okay right? It doesn't have to be the same story line does it?"

"Actually, I do have a book with a similar storyline."

"Really? What is it?"

"A Kiss In Time. It's a really great book. It's actually my favorite."

"Okay. Now I want to read this book."

"Here it is."

"Talia fell under a spell.... Jack broke the curse.

I was told to beware the accursed spindle, but it was so enchanting, so hypnotic....

I was looking for a little adventure the day I ditched my tour group. But finding a comatose town, with a hot- looking chick asleep in it, was so not what I had in mind.

I awakened in the same place but in another time-to a stranger's soft kiss.

I couldn't help kissing her. Sometimes you just have to kiss someone. I didn't know this would happen.

Now I am in dire trouble because my father, the king, says I have brought ruin upon our country. I have no choice but to run away with this commoner!

Now I'm stuck with a bratty princess and a trunk full of her jewels.... The good news: My parents will freak!

Think you have dating issues? Try locking lips with a snoozing stunner who turns out to be 316 years old. Can a kiss transcend all-even time?" Adam read.

"It sounds good."

"Duh. It's my absolute favorite! My mom gave this book to me to read. Before, I wasn't much of a reader and now cause of this book, I love reading. Well what are we waiting for? Open it up!"

We decided to skip Sleeping Beauty for now to read instead.

~~

So A Kiss In Time is like a modern day version of Sleeping Beauty. At least, it's as modern day as you can make it. She still has a spell on her and she touches the spindle of course, but she sleeps for 300 years. She goes from about the eighteenth century to the twenty-first. They travel from a made up place near Belgium all the way to Miami, Florida. Talia and Jack have an adventure together and I can bet you can guess the ending. They start to fall in love, but Malvolia steals the princess and puts Jack to the test to see if he really is her true love. But Talia will learn more than what true love is. She'll learn why Malvolia acts the way she does, and that you should never judge a person until you've heard their story. It's an amazing book, I promise you, and Adam is loving it.

We take turns reading. I read when Talia's the narrator and Adam reads when Jack narrates.

After lunch we decide to watch Sleeping Beauty to take a break from reading.

Finally, we finish the book and again it's late.

"I might actually like books now," Adam states.

"I know. This is the book that got me into reading."

"You didn't always like to read?"

"No. Actually my mother inspired me to read. I used to hate reading until I understood that books are like movies. They both tell a story and they both have a lesson to be learned from them. This book is one of the reasons why Sleeping Beauty is my favorite princess. No, it is the sole reason why Sleeping Beauty is my favorite."

"Wow. That's deep." His smile told me that he didn't mind, and maybe even liked to know something that no one else knows about me.

"Yeah, but what I just told you is for your ears only." I smile back. "And you'd be surprised at how many good books are out there. You're looking at an excellent selection now." Adam just looks at me as we head for the door. "You have to read the romance ones remember? We can continue with them tomorrow if you're okay with that."

"Okay. See you tomorrow?"

"See you tomorrow." I shut the door and lean against it, letting out a sigh. I couldn't wait.