Chapter 13 Days Go By

The next 2 weeks and three days we spend it together, watching movies, reading books, and learning more about each other. And a lot of the time, Adam just spends the night.

We watch: The Duff, The Best Of Me, (and it's alternate ending), Can't Buy Me Love, Some Kind Of Wonderful, 17 Again, What A Girl Wants, My Best Friends Wedding, Letters to Juliet, What To Expect When Your Expecting, (oh yeah, he complained, but we got through it), How To Lose A Guy In 10 Days, Because I said So, Definitely, Maybe, She's the Man, 27 Dresses, Clueless, Just My Luck, 13 Going On 30, The Proposal, What Happens In Vegas, What's Your Number, Never Been Kissed, Knight and Day, A Walk To Remember, Guess Who, and Monte Carlo. We also watched all the Disney princess movies and an assortment of other romance movies. Now remember, this is just some of my favorite romance movies. No wonder why I have so many problems picking my all time favorite movie. I can't even choose out of the romance genre. (I had to tell Adam something so he didn't think I was crazy, so I just said the first movie that popped into my head. That was The Notebook).

We read all of my favorite books as well. This includes My Boyfriend's Dogs, He's With Me, The Fault In Our Stars, Deep Down Popular, The Notebook, Reasons To Be Happy, Notes From An Accidental Band Geek, and Just Ella. A couple of these don't focus on romance, but are classic and we just had to read them.

The romance series we have yet to dive into are The Divergent series, The Hunger Games, and the Matched series.

I learned that Adam is a real softy. He secretly loves romance, (even though he refuses to admit it), and he has a sensitive side. He's an all around amazing guy that gets upset just like the rest of them.

We have hung out at his temporary house and mine throughout the past couple of weeks. Sometimes, if the movie or book wasn't too inappropriate, we would watch a movie or read to his little sister. She loved hearing our voices cause we acted like the characters. Even Adam's little brother David would watch movies with us, sometimes.

As for Abby and Jake, we've seen them from time to time. Ever since Adam and I have started hanging out, those two haven't been seen much around the house. I think they like each other, but they both swear that they don't. I need to ask them in private....

So it's Saturday, about four weeks after we first met. We're watching Monte Carlo with Lucy and David. Adam's mom is there too.

"I have a question," Adam says. "What in the state of Ohio have you always wanted to do but never done?"

"Actually, I've always wanted to go to Cedar Point on the 4th of July and watch the fireworks," I reply.

"Really?"

"Yeah. But my mom says it's too busy, so we've never gone. I hear they're beautiful."

"I bet. That sounds amazing. I would want to go," he says.

"Well actually Chloe, we've been planning a visit since it's supposedly the best amusement park across the country. We have decided to go this year and since there's so much to do, we are going for a week. And we would love it if you came with," Mrs. Collins said.

"Are you kidding me? When?"

"Well, this week of course!"

"Then absolutely! 4th of July fireworks, here I come! Wait."

Just then, Jake and Abby came in. Perfect timing.

"Jake! You're telling me that in all the years the Collins have been coming here that you have never taken them to Cedar Point?"

"Nooo. Lucky for you. I hear you're invited."

I give him a look. "It's a good thing too because no one knows the place better than me."

"Splendid! Will you be our guide?" Mrs. Collins asked.

"I would love too! Follow me and you won't be steered wrong. Follow Jake however, and you'll get lost."

"Hey! I happen to have a great sense of direction."

"Oh really? Is that the same sense of direction that led you out the entrance of the haunted house?"

"Wait the entrance?" Adam questioned.

"Yeah, this goof got spooked during Halloweekends and ended up turning around and going out the front entrance!" Everyone starts laughing. "The rest of the group made it out with no problem."

"This time is different. We're going in the summer," Jake mumbles.

"It's safe to say that Chloe is our guide. But don't worry Jake. We'll keep you at the front of the group so you don't get lost!" Adam mocked.

~~

That's how I ended up going to Cedar Point for a whole week!!! Since I knew the place like the back of my hand, they asked about the best attractions. I had no problem talking about them and even giving history of the rides and park. Some of which can be found around the park, and I pointed that out as well.

I got to hang out with the whole family. We did different attractions each day and it was the best week of my entire life.