Chapter 7

I entered Hokage-sama's room after a knock. He was standing in front of the big glass window that stretches from left to right, occupying one side of the room from which the whole village can be seen. I slowly walked and stood beside him and peeked out.

"Wow,it's awesome Hokage-sama." I said with my eyes twinkling at the village's sight.

"Hana dear, I wanna tell you something." He started.

Whoa!

"Yeah, tell me Hokage. After that I can resume with my test,right?" I asked.

"About that, Hana." He paused and turned to with his pipe in his hand. He took a small puff and continued, "You are not gonna take that test and never gonna be a ninja."

Those words hit me like a hard rock. I was extremely shocked and got chocked due to it.

"What?" I asked in a very low voice.

"Yeah! You can help the medical ninjas but shouldn't learn any jutsus from them either. You've to live like a normal civilian Hana." Hokage said with a stern face.

"Why are you doing this to me?" I nearly yelled with tears flooding down my cheeks.

"It's for your own good Hana." Hokage said turning his gaze back to the glass window.

"Thanks a lot, Hokage-sama." With that I sprinted out of his office,hit the road and continued running toward nowhere in particular. On my run,I passed the academy and heard my friends calling out my name out of which I figured out a distinct voice,Naruto. I neither slowed down nor turned back to look at any of them. I kept up with my pace and finally I reached a place.

It's the memorial park where the great ninjas are sleeping beneath, includes my dad and mom too.

I ran to theirs and my knees buckled,making me fall on the space between dad's and mom's memorials.

"Why did you two leave me alone in this place?" I yelled at my parents memorial through my sobs.

I laid on my dad's memorial for how long I don't remember but I had cried to sleep or I passed out.

-----

I opened my eyes and saw a silver haired man sitting beside my bed with a tiny book between his fingers.

Hatake Kakashi.

He didn't realize that I was awake so I turned around to study the room. Am I in his apartment?

No,I'm in a hospital. Wow,great.

"Kakashi!" I said as I sat up on my bed.

He flipped his book shut and turned,  "You are finally awake." He gave his cute,close eye smile and with that he disappeared in a poof.

I sighed and rested my head against the wall and closed my eyes.

It's not even a second had passed, people barged inside my room. I think they had mistaken my hospital room to be ramen shop or something.

"Hi guys." I waved at those people who are none other than my close friends.

"WHAT DO YOU THINK YOU WERE DOING,HANA?" Naruto yelled at me as he walked to my bed.

Sakura smacked him on his head and yelled back at him, " NARUTO,SHE JUST WOKE UP." Thanks Sakura for doing the same thing what Naruto had just did a second ago.

"How are you feeling now?" Kiba came forward, pushing Naruto aside.

"My head hurts. What actually happened?" I asked looking at everyone in the room,that is,Kiba,Naruto, Sakura,Shikamaru, Choji and.....Sasuke? These five are my close ones among my friends but Sasuke,does he thinks of me as his close friend?

He's here only out of concern or because Naruto dragged him along, so don't be over imaginative.

"You were found laying on your dad's memorial,completely zonked out and Kakashi sensei brought you to the hospital." Choji said standing next to my bed on my right while Kiba was in left.

"Oh!" I said with my dropped head.

"You missed your final test. I think you can do it tomorrow." Sakura said with a no-probs look on her face.

"Yeah,Hana why did Hokage call you and why were you running like a mad lady?" Naruto asked me.

It actually made me chuckle but thinking about what Hokage said made me frown.

"I can explain that to you guys,if all of you come out for a minute." Kakashi spoke up from the door. Everybody left the room except Sasuke,after giving me a concerned look.

"Aren't you going with them too?" I asked as he sat down on the visitors chair beside my bed.

"No. Naruto would probably come running inside the room,yelling about it." He said with his as usual emotionless face.

I chuckled at it.

Guess what? It did happen the same way as Sasuke predicted, Naruto made me cry again and got beaten up by Sakura and Choji.

I got discharged by 5pm and went straight to Ichiraku ramen with my guys,including Sasuke. I was dead hungry as I drained too much energy while crying.

------

I and Naruto returned to the apartment and before Naruto could attempt any kinda consolation, I shut my room door on his face saying, "Good night Naruto. We can talk tomorrow."

I quickly took a shower,put on my pyjamas, opened my window and sat on the windowsill with legs stretched out.

If I'm not gonna become ninja then what am I supposed to do with my life? Should I marry some civilian, raise kids and lead an ordinary life?

Then why was I enrolled in a ninja academy? Oh,may be to learn about weapons and how to use them.

After pondering for a long time about various life strategies, I finalized one.

I'm gonna become Hokage's assistant and do whatever task he assigns me. Sounds quite boring,right?

--------

Comment

Vote

Follow