Chapter 11

It's Sunday evening and time for my cousins to leave and I wanted to discuss all the things with Hokage about what Gaara's mom had said the before day. So the four of us entered Hokage's office.

"I hope your stay here was fruitful." Hokage said in his scratchy voice as we stood in front of his desk.

Then I told him about the sand part. He didn't look surprised at all.

"I knew about it already, Hana. Your family were the last one of your clan. The others died in some war and now you are the only Yamazaki." Hokage said.

It didn't surprise me much because I never thought about my clan people since nobody mentioned about them before.

"Why's she here then? And not in my village?" Gaara asked with angry tone.

"Because her dad asked me to look after her and I promised him that I would take care of her with my life." Hokage replied.

I was kinda shocked. He promised with his life? I never knew that. I got teary already but didn't let it flow down.

The room was in utter silence now. No one spoke a word. Kankuro and Temari kept looking at me and Hokage. I don't know why. Gaara kept starring at Hokage, eye-to-eye.

"You can take her to your village, if you want to." Hokage declared.

What?? I'm not ready yet. I immediately snapped my neck at Hokage with shocked expression.

"No,that's fine. We don't wanna take her away from her friends and you. Though you approved to take her with us,I know it hurts you too. I can clearly see that in your eyes,Hokage-sama. We would visit her whenever we wanna see her,if that's okay with you!" Gaara expressed his intention.

"Okay." Hokage said.

"Gaara,you guys needn't have to visit me." I said and Gaara immediately felt hurt, "Alternative months I would visit sand and stay with you guys, if that's okay with Hokage and Kazekage."

"Sounds like an awesome idea." Kankuro jumped out of happiness.

"I'll agree to this." Hokage said with a approving smile.

"Thanks a lot,Hokage-sama." Temari and Kankuro said. Gaara as usual stared and nodded his head.

I walked my cousins till the gate. I felt really bad to part them after knowing they are my cousins. Temari and Kankuro hugged me,Kankuro's was a bone crushing one. The last one to say goodbye was Gaara.

"Bye. I'm really sorry for hurting you yesterday,Hana. Keep this with you. It'll protect you." Gaara handed me a small bag of his sand.

"Awe. Thanks." I pulled him in a hug.

"HEY, REDHEAD GET AWAY FROM MY FRIEND." Naruto was charging towards us with Kakashi, Sasuke and Sakura walking towards the gate,they are returning from their mission, I guess.

I pulled back from Gaara and Naruto got closer and stretched his hand to grab Gaara's collar but before that Naruto got blocked by Gaara's sand. Wow,that was cool.

Naruto kept fighting with the sand and then I stopped him.

"Naruto,stop." I yanked him with his collar.

"Gaara of sand. What's he doing here?" Kakashi asked me.

"Kakashi! They are my cousins." Kakashi's one eye popped out,Sakura was equally shocked too. Sasuke,no emotion.

"COUSINS." Naruto shouted on top of his lungs.

"I'll explain it later." I interrupted their confused thoughts.

I hugged my cousins once again and they disappeared in poof.

God! I gotta prepare myself for Naruto's questions now.

-----------

All of us assembled in my apartment to listen to my explanation. All in the sense, team 7, Naruto,Sakura, Sasuke and Kakashi. I started my explanation from the Hokage's order. As I told them about Gaara holding me in a death grip with his sand,I could see them reacting to it. Like this:

"He said what?" Naruto and Kakashi yelled in unison.

"He did what?" Sasuke asked. See,he's always little different from others. Sakura was terrified.

"HOW MANY TIMES TO TELL YOU, NOT TO BE KIND TOWARDS STRANGERS?" Naruto barked at me.

"No,you never said that before." I shot back.

"Okay,I'm telling now." Naruto added and got smacked by Sakura.

Then I rushed to that sand lady part and Naruto looked a bit relaxed and Kakashi as well. Sasuke was emotionless,as usual. I told them about the alternative months visit to sand too. Naruto didn't look okay with it.