Chapter 10

We entered the apartment. It looked just like mine. Gaara and Kankuro shared a room and Temari took one room.

"Do you guys want anything to eat? I can prepare something while you guys freshen up." I asked as the three of them settled down in the living room.

"Yeah, I'm actually hungry." Kankuro confessed and got worse than a death glare from Gaara and little less death glare from Temari.

"No than-" Temari opened her mouth to refuse but I cut her off.

"I don't have any problem. I'm gonna prepare something for Kankuro, even if you guys doesn't need it." I said and rushed to my apartment to grab some groceries.

I returned within a minute,entered kitchen and started making pancakes for Kankuro and the other two,though they didn't ask for it. Kankuro quietly entered kitchen and sat down on the dinning table. I started some random conversation and we started chatting pretty good. Actually these three are siblings with Gaara the youngest.

I served him pancakes.

"Mmmmmmm. It's delicious Hana. I would be your slave to have this pancakes forever." Kankuro praised my pancakes and blabbered something.

"No need to be a sl-" I was cut off as some amount of sand came from nowhere and knocked Kankuro down with a blow.

"Hey,you okay?" I rushed to his side and helped him up.

"Yeah yeah. It's just my little brother's act of showing his love." Kankuro said as he stood up.

I got to living room with pancakes served on two plates and syrup bottle,in case if they ask for it and placed it on the table that's two feet in front of the couch.

"I promise that you guys wont regret after tasting this." I said to Temari and Gaara by pointing to the pancakes.

"It's really awesome. Don't miss it." Kankuro added as he settled on the other couch.

-----------

~Temari~

It's been already 5 days since we got here and our work is almost over. Hana stays with us in the apartment. She makes food for us,make our beds if we fail to do it and play around with Kankuro,he really likes her in a friendly way, who wouldn't like such a kind and lovely girl. She's really something. I wanna befriend her and hang around with her,go shopping and have a girls time with her but I'm scared of Gaara. He wants me to put up my not-so-friendly look and keep away from people. Kankuro couldn't put up with that for a long time actually he didn't try it at all in first place.

I hope that I befriend her before I leave this village.

----------

~Gaara~

Can anyone be so kind towards people you barely know? But Hana is. She tries her level best to talk to me and Temari but we ignore her but Kankuro is having loads of fun,chatting with her and trying out her foods.

-------

~Hana~

Tomorrow these guys are leaving to their village. I tried my best to comfort Gaara and Temari but they didn't budge at all. I'm happy that Kankuro isn't like them. He's really cool and friendly.

I and Kankuro are sitting in dinning table and chatting now. Gaara and Temari are in living room, talking about something. It's almost 8pm. I just told him that I'm not allowed to become ninja for some reasons which Hokage didn't explain to me yet.

"Hana,don't worry about it,okay? Let me show you something." Kankuro said as he got up from his chair and took out his puppet from behind.

"Stand up,Hana." He said as he did something with his puppet.

I did as he said. He stood behind his puppet and manipulated it using his chakra strings making it's one hand hold my waist and the other holding my hand. I and his puppet danced for a while.

"That was awesome. Can I dance with the puppet master now?" I asked Kankuro. He placed his puppet on the table and rushed to my side. We danced till dinner time. It was fun.

I placed a bowl of ramen on the table for Kankuro and one for myself too. After dinner I placed two more bowls of ramen in a tray and took it to living room for Temari and Gaara. They didn't acknowledge my presence at all.

"Shall I feed you?" I took some ramen in the chopsticks and stepped near Gaara. I don't know what made me do that. Temari's eyes became wide. I was shot up in a the air by Gaara's sand. It held me tight,up in the air.

"Gaara,stop."'Kankuro rushed to the living room.

"Shut up,Kankuro." Gaara spat at him and turned to me, "You little shrimp, what do you think of yourself? Are you my mother?" He said in his bold voice which was really creepy.

"I just tried to make you eat. I'm sorry." I struggled in his sand hold.

"You deserve to die." Gaara said and made the sand squeeze me little more. It actually did hurt very badly and I couldn't breathe.

"GAAAAARAAA." Temari and Kankuro yelled trying to stop him but he wouldn't.

"If you so badly wanna kill me,go ahead. I don't wanna live a pathetic life either." With that I bursted out in tears as the hold became tighter.

Then suddenly I was dropped to floor and the sand went back inside Gaara's gourd. Kankuro ran to my side and helped me up. As I looked up at Gaara he looked confused too. He even forced himself to attack me with his sand again but the sand didn't touch me at all,it stopped a feet away from me.

"No way. Why isn't this sand attacking you? This is what my mother left behind to protect me and it never disobeyed me till now." Gaara said starring at me and the sand in front. Kankuro and Temari were speechless. Gaara made his sand retreat to it's gourd.

I looked at his gourd and wished to hold a small amount of sand on my hand. To my surprise,it did happen,some amount of his sand rushed out of it and came towards me, I opened up my palms and they were dropped on my hand,gently.

"How did you do that?" Gaara asked me.

"I don't know. I just wished in my mind." I said and Kankuro got freaked out.

I felt something in my palms and looked down at the sand. It formed a shape of a lady,on it's own and stood on my palms.

" Mom?" The siblings knelt down to my level with shocking expression.

Mom? What?

"Yeah,it's me. How have you been? All of you are really grown up." The sandy figure spoke up.

"Fine mom." Temari and Kankuro said in unison.

"What's going on here?" Gaara asked with too many emotions playing on his face. Confusion, happiness and something else I couldn't understand at all.

Sandy lady turned to my side.

"Hello,Yamazaki Hana. I'll make my explanation shorter. I'm your aunt,your dad's sister. Yes,your dad is a sand ninja but your mom belonged to leaf village. Your dad and fourth Hokage were really best friends and that's why your parents gave up their lives along with his and his wife's." She paused, "when your tears touched the sand I realized who you are. You posses some of my traits Hana."

My dad's a sand ninja? I can't believe it,but this sand figure did look like my dad,a bit.

"What? That means she is our cousin?" Kankuro asked.

" Yeah,my puppet boy." Sand lady,my new aunt teased him,"I gotta go."

"Mom,we missed you." Gaara was in tears.

"I'm always with you guys." With that she flew back into his gourd.

"I'm sorry." Gaara gave a bone crushing hug and broke out in tears. Kankuro and Temari joined the hug too.

Though I'm happy about this family reunion,I'm kinda scared about this whole thing. Should I've to leave my friends and go to sand village?