Chapter 25

The second, Sasuke walked out, I felt a bit guilty for acting that way towards him. So far, I haven't acted like this way to any one. I may not have the same old feelings towards Sasuke, which was completely destroyed by none other than Sasuke himself. How would you feel if your best friend left you to die, in the hands of a creepy man? You would probably hate him for the rest of the life or even hold a grudge against him, but I felt neither of it. After all, he was once my best friend and had cared for me. But the bond between us was burnt to ashes and got washed away in the breeze of time, the moment I left with Itachi.

"What happened? Why did he leave?" Naruto asked from the couch. I just shrugged and walked over to them, to distract myself off from the Sasuke thoughts.

"Hi!" The new guys, Sasuke's pals, said in unison as I sat beside Kiba on the couch.

"Hello." I replied bluntly.

"I'm Suijetsu and this is Juugo." A guy with silver hair said and pointed to a hefty ginger head beside him.

"I'm Hana." Again, I said bluntly.

"What's wrong with you, today? You feel so dull, which is not like you at all." Kiba said, turning me to face him, so that he could scan my eyes for any answer.

"Nothing." I said with a blank face.

Kiba stared at me for a while, Naruto was busy chatting with those guys. I learned that these guys are gonna stay in my apartment since there wasn't any vacant one's left. I got freaked out but Kiba suggested an alternative thing, that the guys could stay at his apartment and the girl, Karin bitch could stay with me. Sounds awful but I've no other choice.
----

It's almost 10pm, we had dinner, Suijetsu and Juugo left to Kiba's apartment, Naruto went to bed too and I'm sprawled on the couch since I was too lazy to pull myself up and hit my bed. Sasuke didn't show up. Not that I was expecting him or something but I'm actually worried about that jerk. Did he eat? Did he go back to his compound? Is that bitch bothering him by clinging on to him? All these thoughts were going on in my mind.

Kami, please slap me for thinking about that selfish-heartless-foresaker, Sasuke. Why did you create me without enough anger issues? I can't even hold up my anger for more than thirty minutes or so. So, I'm not sure what I'm feeling towards Sasuke. Have I forgiven him that soon? Am I even mad at him in first place? Wow! Wonderful question.

~Sasuke~

I had to drag this annoying, intoxicated female all the way back to Hana, I mean Naruto's apartment. She wanted to stay with me in Uchiha compound, so I picked up some of my clothes and decided to stay in Naruto's apartment. So that, this pest wouldn't torture me by clinging on to me, trying to get in my pants. I stepped in to Naruto's apartment, locked the door behind and stopped in front of Hana's room. I had to get rid of Karin, so I barged in and threw Karin on the bed. Hana wasn't found anywhere in her room. I left the room and closed the door behind me, after making sure that Karin didn't wake up.

I made my way towards Naruto's room, was about to enter and then I sensed somebody's chakra. A very mild and pleasant one, coming from the living room, getting to the living room, I found Hana passed out on the couch. I went closer and knelt down beside the couch. I couldn't help but admire her. She was really cute, not that she wasn't cute before. Her brown bangs were almost covering her face. 

I felt hurt when she snapped at me when I pinned her against the wall and asked about Itachi. I've no right to talk to her after what I had done to her, it would be perfect if I put it this way, I hadn't done anything to save her when she needed me the most.

I had been going on with my life, that only had trainings and stuffs, the new team to kill Itachi, but seeing Hana after two years, is making me think about the beautiful moments we had spent together, the nights I had cuddled up against her, the first kiss I had given her, it's giving me a weird feeling in the pit of my stomach.

When I heard about Itachi kissing her, I felt weird, something like......jealousy? No, way. She's, she was my best friend and not only that, she was a special person to me. I think, she's still a special one. Will I ever regain her care and warmth? Never.

I thought of carrying her to bed but didn't want her to freak out by seeing Karin's face, tomorrow, early in the morning. So, I fetched a blanket from Hana's room and draped her with it.

Before leaving to bed, I kissed her on forehead.

~Hana~

I woke up and found myself on the couch with a blanket over me. I don't remember a blanket, being around me last night! Whatever.

I entered my room and found Karin on my bed, still snoring. When did she get here? Not my problem for now. I grabbed my stuffs and jumped inside bathroom, did all the morning routine and got out after putting on my clothes.

As I stepped out, I found Karin sitting up straight, holding her head.

"Ow! My head! It hurts like hell." She mumbled.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked her.

"Just a hangover." She said, rubbing her temples.

"Give me a minute. I would be back with a soup, which comes in handy in such situations." I said and left, when she nodded in acknowledgement.

I prepared a soup and rushed back to my room and handed the bowl of soup to her.

"How can I trust you that you haven't poisoned it?" She asked with suspicion gleaming in her eyes. I didn't reply a word instead I grabbed back the bowl and gulped down half of it, before handing it back to her.

"Now?" I asked with a brow raised.

"Fine." With that she gulped the soup down her throat and leaned against the headrest.

I took the bowl and waited for her to react.

"Wow! It's amazing. It's completely gone. Thanks a lot bitch, oops sorry, Hana." She jumped in joy of getting out of her hangover.

"No, problem. I really don't mind about cussing either. I'm already used to it." I said and walked to the door.

"Where were you last night?" She asked, making me halt near the door and turn around.

"I passed out in the couch. Hehe. And I've no idea how you got here." I said.

"Ya, I don't know either." She chuckled.

I heard my door being opened and a figure stepping in, standing right behind me, maybe three inch away or so. I felt a hot breath hitting on my head. It's not Naruto, his early morning breathing would be like pregnant lady on labour. Hehe. So, who the hell is standing behind me?

"Sasuke? So you carried me all the way here?" Karin squealed, looking a few inch above my head. I got it now.

Sasuke is standing behind me. I slowly turned around and looked him in the eye, unknowingly I did something.

"Sasuke!" My voice slipped out involuntarily.

"Hn." He said with his eyes widened.

I shook my head in disagreement to my stupid involuntary reaction and stormed out of the room, still trying put my hand inside my skull and shake my brain for not giving proper orders to my mouth. I didn't wanna talk to Sasuke but I ended up doing just that, I put the whole blame on my weird brain.