Chapter I: Welcome to the Sweet Life

Running a bakery has always been a dream of mine since about the 3rd or 4th lifetime I lived. Sure, I'd bake often for my father and later on my friends. But this is the first time I had a place of my own. Here I was, baking in my own kitchen, located in my own bakery. Pulling out a fresh batch of Lemon cupcakes. I plucked each one from the cupcake holder, placing them on the cooling rack before going back to the frosting of the others. Homemade Raspberry buttercream swirling onto the freshly cooled lemon cupcake. The fresh scent floating around the air as the push-pull door flew open, Henrik sticking his head in.

 The fresh scent floating around the air as the push-pull door flew open, Henrik sticking his head in

"How's those cupcakes, sweetheart? Ms. Forbes is here for her sampler dozen for the Founders meeting." He informed me. I nodded, grabbing a box of a variety of cupcakes and followed him out of the kitchen.

"Ms. Forbes!" I greeted happily. She smiled at me, waving her hand towards me.

"I've told you, Frankie. Call me Liz." She said as I walked to the counter, placing the box down. "Is that Raspberry Lemon cupcakes I smell? You know-"

"Caroline loves them." I finished for her, placing a small single cupcake box on top of her dozen. "Which is why I had boxed one up for her. On the house." I watched Liz smile wider. "How is Care doing? Isn't she starting college?"

"She did today! Which is why this cupcake will probably make her day so much better." She said, pulling cash out as I rang up her order. "How have you been, dear?  You know since-"

"I've been fine. The boys have kept me busy and with the baking- it helps." I explained quickly. Sheila had passed last month. I had taken Bonnie a Blueberry Lavender pie, which was Sheila's favorite.

But she had tossed it in the trash saying something about not being able to trust a vampire

But she had tossed it in the trash saying something about not being able to trust a vampire. Sheila had been killed by a vampire. No one knows who though since we were all accounted for. But I can't blame Bonnie. She's not even talking to Caroline and Elena, both of which are vampires.

Elena turned into one to save herself for Niklaus's ritual. Something about how she can live happily with Damon. Oh yeah- their together now. Awkward. I don't speak to either Salvatores still.