Chapter XIII: Answers

3rd POV-

Finn stared at Frankie as she opened her eyes slowly. Elijah and Nik stepping over to us, glancing at her to check to make sure she was okay.

"Are you okay, love?" Nik asked her, grabbing her face and looking into her eyes. Frankie blinked a few times before smiling.

"Yeah- I'm alright." She said looking at him calmly. Her eyes holding something different, something a bit more than love. Something only one of the Mikaelson's noticed. Elijah narrowed his eyes at Frankie. Something was different. Something in the way she was holding herself. Something familiar but not Frankie. "Uh- What were we talking about? I- it was like my brain was fried."

"Do you think it has something to do with the tear?" Kol spoke up. Frankie looked over at him with a bit of uncertainty.

"Possibly. Never know what is tied to that." Henrik stated from his spot in the room. "Being in two places at once could cause dizziness, headaches, nausea and ect."

"So, this guy is causing Frankie to have dizzy spells? What else is this going to cause?" Nik asked, stroking Frankie's face gently. Frankie smiled at him, leaning into his touch. Elijah raised an eyebrow at her, thoughts of how she wasn't defending her newest mate running through his mind.

"Kai isn't the one causing this, Niklaus." Elijah spoke up, his brown eyes running over Frankies face, trying to see through her façade.

"We don't know that." Nik said with narrowed eyes at his older brother. "This could be his way of trying to get free."

"How could he be the one behind this, Niklaus? Kai has no way of doing magic outside of the prison world." Finn chipped in. Frankie looked over at him with a short glare, quickly smiling in its place.

"Maybe he has someone working on the inside?" Frankie muttered. This time Nik looked at her oddly. "I mean- He doesn't seem to want me anyway.." She explained. A pout working its way onto her lips. Nik was like putty to her, pulling her close to his chest and hugging her tightly.

"His loss, love." Nik whispered. Elijah and Finn exchanged a look. Even Kol and Henrik seemed confused as well.

-

Frankie's POV-

"What the fuck?" I whispered, standing up from my parents bed. I was still alone in the house. No sign of Kai anywhere. "Did I fall asleep?" I muttered. My memory was blurry about what had happened. Did I pass out? Fall asleep? I had no idea. Walking out of the bedroom I spot Kai sitting at the dining room table, eating a bowl of cereal. When he glanced up, he seemed relieved but also shocked.

"You're back." He muttered, placing the spoon down. I raised an eyebrow at him.

"I kind of have no choice." I told him before grabbing a jacket from the hooks, the one my mom used to wear religiously. It was more of a thin zip up long sleeve, holding no protection from any kind of cold.

"Where are you going??" He asked, standing up as I opened the back door.

"I'm not going to just sit around here. You obviously don't want me. So might as well find out some information." I told him, walking out the door. Kai followed after me,

"What kind of information? And I never said I didn't-"

"Yes you did. You said I was bait. That this was all a spell. Don't try backtrack now, Kai." I told him with a sigh. Kai sighed, hanging his head.

"I'm- uh- I feel- jeez." He huffed. Like he was seriously struggling with his words. I kept walking, ignoring him until his hand reached out and grabbed my arm. "I'm sorry! Okay!?" I turned my head to look at him. A bit shocked at his outburst.

"Fine. You're sorry. Now what?" I questioned. Kai looked at me like he was confused- his eyebrows furrowing together.

"Now what?" He blinked repeating what I said. "What do you mean now what? Now we talk. You said we were soulmates. Let's start with that." He said. I grabbed his hand and shoved it off of me.

"I don't have the time right now, Kai." I told him sternly, starting to walk again.

"Fine. I'll go with you." I looked over at him, sighing before continuing to walk. "Can we at least use my car? Maybe tell me where we are going?" He asked.

"New Orleans." I muttered, heading towards where I thought his car was. Kai grabbed my hand, pulling me in a different direction.

"What's in New Orleans?" He asked as he pulled me. I breathed out a long sigh. Hope filling my mind.

"Hopefully, answers."