Chapter XVIII: Is it you?

"Do you think you can push your way back into your body?" Kai asked, his eyes glancing at me as he drove. We were nearly to his family house.

"I- I don't know. I tried once and it took a bit." I told him, thinking about when Kai had broken me thinking I was lying to him. Kai looked like he knew what I was thinking about, his eyes softening and his hand reaching out to rest on my leg. "And I don't know where I'll come back to. I could be here with you or I could end up back at Mystic Falls.." Kai looked to be in thought, his thumb rubbing my thigh soothingly. The bond between us warming my skin at his touch.

"Then when we get to the house, you try to get back. You'll have a phone number in your pocket for the house phone so when you come back and don't come back to me, you call me and I'll be there." He told me sternly. His personality had seemed to make a 180 since the bond snapped into place. Showing his protective side. He looked over at me, his face holding a goofy smile that rivaled Kol's. "You're not getting rid of me that easily, baby cakes." I let out a laugh as we pull up to a large house.

-

3rd POV-

"Who.Are.You?!" Nik growled in 'Frankie''s face. His eyes flashing yellow as she was chained to the wall behind a cell door. Her hands held high from the ceiling and ankles chained to the floor. Her head dropped, as she let out a gasp, looking up. Her eyes looking around frantic as her eyes landed on Nik.

"Nik?" She questioned, looking into his yellow eyes that were flashing back to blue at her innocent act. "Ni-nik, what's happening? Where am I?" Nik stepped closer to her, his eyes narrowing before he lifted his hand and slapped her across the face. Frankie's face slamming to the side in shock.

"DO YOU THINK I'M A FOOL?!" Nik yelled, his eyes flashing yellow as his fangs extended. Frankie looked back up at him, a smirk on her face.

"I don't know- you were pretty fooled by me before. When your brother compelled me to break your heart.." She told him with a smirk. Nik stared at her, his face calming as the pieces clicked together.

"Aurora?" He asked in a small voice. Unable to believe it. "Aurora De Martel..?" Aurora/Frankie smirked and spit a bit of blood out.

"God- what did I ever see in you? You are incredibly slow." She said with a slight laugh.

"Why are you doing this, Aurora?" Elijah asked as he flashed in. Nik standing there in shock. Elijah was listening at the basement door to the conversation. Aurora laughed looking at Elijah.

"To hurt you of course. Mommy-dearest promised I get to put a white oak bullet in you to save my brother. Not to mention I get to kill the soulmate of the Originals. Bonus." She laughed. Nik ran at her to take a bite out of her but Elijah tackled him to the wall.

"Keep it together brother. Whatever you do to Aurora, you do to Frankie." Elijah told Nik calmly. Nik's eyes flashing between blue and yellow as he takes a deep breath.

-

Frankie's POV-

"So what? You're just going to go to sleep?" Kai asked, looking at me as I laid in his old bed since it was the cleanest room in the house. It still was decorated in his siblings blood.

"That's the plan." I told him. Kai grinned at my annoyance and climbed into his twin size bed next to me. "What are you doing?"

"Helping you to relax, sweet cheeks." He mumbled, leaning his face into my neck, pressing open mouth kisses to my skin.

"I can't sleep with you distracting me." I whined, moving closer to him. Kai let out a chuckle.

"Sleep my Nutter Butter." Kai whispered, forcing a giggle to leave my throat. I laid there for a bit, Kai's arms wrapped tightly around me as I smiled, sleep taking over slowly.

-

Snapping my eyes open, I looked around. The warmth of Kai's arms around me gone. A cold running through my body. Looking around me I saw I was in a cell. My arms chained up uncomfortably.

"Hello?!" I shouted, trying to figure out where I was. "HELLO?!?!" I screamed out. Footsteps were heard, coming down some stairs. Nik came around the corner, his arms crossed and a glare on his face.

"What?!" He snapped.

"Nik?" I questioned. I wasn't sure what had happened while I was gone. "What's happening??" I asked him. His eyes flashed at me as anger ran through him.

"You think this will work? Really? You tried once before, Aurora. I'm not a fool." Nik spoke calmly. Doing some breathing technique that Elijah and I had been showing him.

"Nik I-" Nik flashed towards me, his hand on my throat. "Ni-nik!" I choked out, tears brimming my eyes.

"SHUT UP!" He snapped. His eyes foggy with anger. I knew I wouldn't be able to get through to him. His mind was clogged with Anger. Whatever this Aurora girl had done was enough to make him not realize when it was really me.

"Niklaus!" Finn shouted, flashing down and throwing him off of me.

"Finn!" I shouted as I caught my breath. His eyes snapped to me, first annoyance and then recognition.

"Frankie?" He breathed, flashing to me and grabbing my cheeks so he could look into my eyes better. "Is it really you?" I nodded as tears filled my eyes. The warmth of his hands making me lean into his touch. Nik glared at me from behind Finn before he saw me leaning into Finn.

"Frankie?" Nik whispered, his eyes softening as he realized his mistake.

"Nik." I whispered softly.

"Get her down!" Nik shouted, moving to release me.

"No! I can't keep control. This is what she wants." I told him, stopping him in his place. Finn and Nik shared a look, nodding. "I need help. Kai has-"

"Kai?! He's actually near you again!? Why would you go near him!" Nik snapped, his eyes rolling.

"Niklaus Mikaelson." I hissed at him. He shut his mouth and looked at me, before a smile stretched across his lips.

"It's so good to be scolded by you again."