Chapter 10

TW: Talk About Death, Slightly Graphic Content

Location: Prison

Dream's POV

He had looked cold.

So very cold.

I had tried everything I could think of in an attempt to bring some of the warmth back to his ghostly white skin, but nothing had worked.

I had carried him over to the entrance of my cell and rested him against the wall, hoping that the dripping lava next to him would warm him up.

Yet it didn't work.

And that's how I ended up with my arms wrapped around him, cradling him close to my chest.

The silence that lingered within the cell was both eerie and surprisingly unpleasant as I stared down at the disfigured body of the young teenage boy. I almost missed his constant rambling and complaining, but I didn't miss it enough to regret what I did.

He had it coming. 

I ran my fingers through his bloody hair, subconsciously finding comfort from the movement. Maybe I did miss him a bit, but the fact that he'd finally shut up made it all worth it in my mind and also meant that Patches could rest easy.

"What did you do?"
My head shot up in surprise as I searched the room for the source of the new voice.

At the entrance of my cell stood a distraught girl with tears streaming down her face. She looked as if she was in pain, from both what she was seeing and the tears that burned into her skin. I hated seeing her like that. I wanted to comfort her, make sure she was okay, but I knew she would push me away because I was the one who was causing her pain in the first place.

"He killed Patches Y/N. She was the only thing I had left. The only thing I could remember you by since you hadn't visited in a month. He wouldn't shut up about how difficult his life was so surely I was doing him a favour?"
My voice was raspy as I spoke which was probably because of how much I'd cried over the last day or so. I don't know why but I smiled as I remembered how freeing it felt to finally beat some sense into that stupid kid. It gave me the quiet that I'd craved for so long.

"You promised you wouldn't hurt him. You promised..."
I watched as she backed away, shaking her head. This time I did get up and walk over to her, leaving Tommy's body on the cold obsidian floor. I found myself reaching out to her, but that only caused Y/N to back away quicker.

"I'm sorry. I was angry. I wasn't thinking straight. He made me hit my breaking point and I couldn't stop hitting him no matter how hard I tried."
I was lying, just like the old me used to. I'd enjoyed every minute of it. Pounding my fists into his flesh. it was what he deserved. He'd had it coming for a long time and there was still a lot more to come.

"Enough of your dumb little excuses. They're not going to change the fact that you killed a fucking 17 year old Dream. You know I thought you'd changed. That the prison was actually bettering you and that you'd get out one day. But in reality, the prison is just protecting everyone from the monster that you really are."
I stopped in my tracks as I felt my eyes start to water. That was when I realised that I truly did fuck up.