Chapter 2

TW: Talk About Death

Location: Tommy's House

Tommy's POV

It had been just under a month since my sister had died when her funeral finally took place. But a lot had happened during those endless days that seemed like centuries without her.

L'manburg was gone for good, and I was beginning to believe that it was really for the best. Tubbo had started some sort of nation up north called Snowchester with Ranboo so I hadn't seen either of them much at all. Neither of them seemed to be affected by what had happened. Or they were just brilliant at not showing it.

It had affected me in a different manner, to say the least. I was even attending weekly therapy sessions with Puffy to help try deal with the trauma and the panic attacks I kept on having because of the events of the last couple of years.

Technoblade had disappeared alongside Philza once again. I assumed they had gone back to their cottages in the Artic but I wasn't exactly in the position to go and check because the last time we'd spoken was on Doomsday. When I'd betrayed one of the very few people who actually did care for me.

Everyone else was off doing their own thing as well, but I know you want to know about what happened to the masked man that got us all in that mess in the first place. The one that put a dagger through your heart.

Well ever since that day on the mountain that was supposed to end it all, he quickly lost his mind. He would come waltzing along the prime path, muttering incoherent words about some book that might not work. Whenever I saw him he always seemed to have a pen and a piece of paper with him and he would continuously write about god knows what.

But it was a completely different story when he saw me. Every time he realised we were within one hundred metres of each other he would say no over and over again before turning around and walking away. Mind you, that all took place the week after you died.

After that, his sanity seemed to deteriorate rapidly. It had been ten days after your death when the news spread about Dream handing himself over to Sam. Apparently, Dream was up all night, ringing the intercom, screaming about how he shouldn't be allowed out, how he didn't deserve to be free after everything he'd done. That he should be locked up. So that's how he ended up in the prison.

I was actually considering going to visit him. I had a feeling it would help me find closure from what I had gone through because of him but Puffy didn't seem to think it was a good idea. I knew I would just repeatedly tell him that he was a bad person and attempt to take my anger out on someone who deserved it other than myself. But I knew deep down that I would never be able to truly forgive myself for how I treated my sister.

Sighing to myself, I adjusted my tie and straightened out my jacket before the sound of my door being knocked rung through my room. Turning around, I saw a tall pale figure entering my house.
"Are you ready Tommy?"
"As ready as I'll ever be."

I smiled at Ghostbur, who wore his usual attire consisting of a yellow sweater and black slacks paired with his black beanie that sat upon his curly hair. I don't think he fully understood what had happened with you but he seemed to notice your absence even though you only met a couple of times. He thought the two of you would've been the best of friends.

Sighing, I made my way over to Ghostbur and we both left my house side by side, continuing on in silence. It was a gloomy day outside. A light drizzle of rain through the wind and thick fog surrounding us as we walked. It was cold but it was nearly winter so that was expected.