Chapter 17

Location: The Platform

Y/N's POV

I felt the platform beneath me tremor slightly as it slotted into the floor. A hush had fallen over the large room as everyone brought their attention to me and Wilbur. No one moved a muscle. Every ounce of confidence I had felt moments before drained from me within an instance as I felt every set of eyes on me, but I wasn't going to let that interfere with what I had planned.

"What? Do I have something on my face?"
Reaching a hand up to wipe my face, Wilbur's laugh began to echo throughout the room. I turned and glared at him, already irritated by his laugh.

"Out of all the things you could've said..."
I lightly slapped his arm as a small smile appeared on my face. Turning back towards the crowd of people, I contemplated what to do next.

"So, anyways-"
A thud echoed throughout the room as Dreams limp body lay sprawled over the floor, a large pool of blood quickly surrounding him.
"For fuck sake, he can't even let me have my moment."
Rolling my eyes, I finally stepped off the platform with Wilbur quickly following along behind me.

Never moving faster than a walk, I made my way down the staircase and tried to make my way over to the unconscious man lying on the floor. However, I didn't make it very far. Right as I was about to begin shoving my way through the group of people, bright blue eyes met my own from across the room.

He was standing over in the far corner away from everyone else. Puffy and Tubbo stood near him, although the two of them seemed to be having a conversation of their own. He didn't seem to mind, he just continued to stare at me with a blank expression on his face and I sent him a smile in response.

Right as I was about to turn back around, I felt something slash through the air and I came to a halt. Slowly turning to face the man in front of me, I found myself staring into the hazel eyes of my old friend. Sighing, I brought my hand up to the axe he had held against my chest and I moved it away.

"We both know you don't have the balls to do anything Sapnap."
Sapnap moved his axe back in front of me without a moment's hesitation, a smirk growing on his face.
"Well you clearly don't know me as well as I thought you did."
Running my tongue along my teeth, I drew my axe from its sheath.

"You're willing to let your best friend die over some petty feud. That's pathetic, ever for you."
I took a step back and tried to take a defensive stance. Of course I had been training since I had been revived, but that didn't stop the nervous fluttering in my stomach as I watched Sapnap swing his blade.

I quickly brought my axe up to block his attack and the sound of the metal clashing rang in my ears. I stepped back a little, firmly planting my feet on the ground as I awaited his next move. I had noticed that the crowd had spread out a little, giving me and Sapnap plenty of room.

Sapnap lunged forward once again with a little more momentum than I had expected him to. Swiftly manoeuvring myself to the left, I felt the blade brush against my armour. Turning to Sapnap with a surprised expression on my face, I was met with eyes full of hated and rage. Knowing what was about to happen, I found myself smiling as I blocked Sapnap's next blow with ease.

Sapnap was known for letting his aggression blind him in duels, and this was the same as any other. I suddenly swung at Sapnap for the first time, clearly surprising him a little as he stumbled back. Taking that as my opportunity to take control of the fight, I lunged forward once more.

Our blades met in the middle and Sapnap focused entirely on overpowering me. Bringing my right leg up, I slammed it into his knee and a loud crack met my ears, prompting a satisfied smile to find its way onto my face. Sapnap staggered back before toppling onto the floor, dropping his axes in the process so he could stop himself from landing funny.

"Well maybe I knew you better than you thought."
Kicking away his axe, I turned and nodded at Wilbur who had a proud smile on his face.
"Now does anyone else have any issues that why want to sort out or can I get what I came for?"
After being met by silence, I began to push my way through the crowd until I reached Dream.

George knelt over his dying body as he finished tying one of several pieces of fabric around his freshly opened wounds. He turned to look at me when I knelt down beside him. A small smile spread across his face when I met his eyes.

"It's nice to see you Y/N."
I nodded and smiled back at my old friend before tightening one of the fabric loops wrapped around Dreams forearm.

"I'm going to take him somewhere safe alright? I'll stay with him until he's healthy and I'll try to get into contact with you after that okay? I feel like we have a lot to talk about."
After George nodded in response, I leant forward and wrapped my arms around Dreams upper and lower half. With everyone still staring holes in the back of my head, I carefully lifted Dream off the floor.

I turned back to face the crowd of my old friends and without another word, I pushed past them all and headed towards the nether portal. I could hear Wilbur shouting about something behind me but I drowned him out. Sighing, I looked down at Dreams masked face and gently moved his hair off of it.

Once I had arrived at the nether portal, I turned back to the crowd before stepping back into the purple hue. Everyone just watched on without saying a word, seemingly still in shock from what had just happened. No one protested or made any attempt at stopping me and Wilbur as the purple doorway swallowed us whole.

Thirty Minutes Later

Location: ?

Y/N's POV

"What the fuck Wilbur?"
I stood in a clearance surrounded by forest on all sides but one. Staring at the cave entrance in front of me, I subconsciously pulled Dreams slumped figure closer to my side as a feeling of déjà vu washed over me. Not so long ago I had been stood in front of that very cave with the beanie-wearing brunette wrapped tightly in my hold as my younger brother walked on ahead.

"What?"
Shaking away the memory, I turned away from the gap in the rocks to scowl at Wilbur. I just stood and stared at him for a moment, utterly bewildered by his stupidity. I felt a sudden spark of anger fire flare from within me, prompting me to walk over to Wilbur.

"Oh, I don't know Will. Maybe it's the fact that you've taken us to the first place they'll look you dumb shit."
I gestured over to the cave while keeping my other arm firmly wrapped around Dream.
"We've been fugitive once before and we hid here then so they'll expect us to hide here again, it's not rocket science."
Wilbur raised his hands in a defensive manner before he took a step closer to me.

"Look I know what I'm doing okay? I just need you to trust me. Dream's not going to hold on for much longer if we don't treat his wounds. So even if it is just for the night, I think Pogtopia is the best place we can be."
Shaking my head in disbelief, I turned back to the cave entrance.
"Well if we get caught, it will be entirely your fault and I will leave you behind when I escape."

And with that, I headed into the cave.