Chapter 7

TW: Mentions Of Gore

Location: Prison

Dream's POV

"So you're saying she's alive?"

I rolled my eyes as I continued pacing. I had my hands held behind my back with my fingers interlocked while my eyes stayed trained on the floor. I was trying to come up with a way to make sense of what I was thinking without sounding insane but I was finding that extremely difficult. I'd told the god beside me about what I had seen even though my gut was telling me to do the opposite. I needed someone to listen to me, and I didn't care who that person was.

"Not entirely. She mentioned that she and Y/N are completely different people."
I heard the god opposite me snort at my remark. I rolled my eyes as I continued pacing. I wasn't expecting him to understand anyway.

"And you're sure this isn't your guilty conscious acting up again."
I quickly twirled around on my heels so I was face to face with the gods mask. I looked his cloaked figure up and down briefly before my eyes landed on the letters engraved in his masked face.

"You seriously don't think I'm making this up? I don't think I have the brainpower to conjure up a story like this. Especially not now."
I found myself stumbling over my own word as I spoke. Part of me was frustrated that he didn't understand. He seemed to want her back just as much as I did so I couldn't comprehend why he wasn't at least a little bit happy about what I was saying.

"But you're not exactly in the best mindset though are you? You're still grieving. You still feel guilty. You're still not over what you did. So maybe it's a coping mechanism. A way for your damaged mind to heal while making you delusional all at the same time."
I took a step back as I quickly dropped my gaze to the floor once again.

I couldn't comprehend what he was saying. I didn't understand why he didn't believe me. It was possible. She'd been
around since when I was first put in the prison, meaning that she never didn't have a ghost. It was just that no one ever saw it. Maybe she didn't want to be seen, or only specific people could actually see her. But that didn't make me a liar. It just proved my point if anything.

"So you're saying I'm crazy?"
"All I'm saying is that I think Y/N would've visited Tommy before she visited you, even if it is her ghost. If anything, she should be staying as far away from you as possible."
I just stared at the god with wide eyes as I couldn't find any words that would form a good enough response.

"I don't know why, but she is different. The gods didn't treat her the same as they did Schlatt and Wilbur. But maybe that's a good thing. Maybe she's better of up there in peace instead of being mentally destroyed by both you and her brother down here."
I shook my head and turned away from him completely.

"I'm not crazy."
"You keep telling yourself that."
I turned around once again right as I heard the sound of a single footstep and I grabbed ahold of the gods wrist. He jerked his head around to look at me, his figure menacingly towered over my own.

"I wouldn't lie about something like this."
The god quickly pulled his hand away before he started brushing down the piece of material my hand had held with his free hand.

"I'll believe it when I see it."

Location: The Woods