Chapter 5: Fixing XR

Buzz and the LGMs were standing around a table in the Science Bay. They all look at the remains of XR.

Buzz: You can fix him, right?

LGM ON THE RIGHT: Can we?

LGM ON THE LEFT: I don't know.

LGM IN THE MIDDLE: We are not one. (picks up one of XR's pieces)

LGM ON THE RIGHT: But we shall try.

Buzz looks concerned as the LGMs began to fix XR by themselves.

Buzz (voice-over): Buzz Lightyear personal log. My brave little robotic partner had been blasted into a heap of carbonic scrap.

As soon as the LGMs fix XR's head, eyes, and mouth, Buzz smile at their work.

Buzz (voice-over): And yet, the LGMs were rebuilding him.

XR's body was getting fixed by machinery, which reassembles his feet and helmet.

Buzz (voice-over): Even without the Uni-Mind, those little green guys still had the right stuff. Then came the wrong stuff.

An LGM opens XR's chest and puts stuff in it, like a rubber ducky, a tennis racket, and a red umbrella.

Buzz (voice-over): Their selection of auxiliary gear was obviously nonregulation.

Three LGMs struggled to carry a heavy anvil, which confuses Buzz.

Buzz (voice-over): Perhaps there was a method to their madness. Maybe, just maybe.

An LGM puts a radio in XR's chest, then they put in a pink dinosaur inner tube and stuff it in with a plunger.

Buzz (voice-over): No. They had lost it.

Buzz and Commander Nebula watched as the LGMs carry stuff over to XR. One group carries an inflatable raft to the right. Then another group carries a ladder.

Commander Nebula: Wow. They really need that Uni-ma-call-it.

One group of LGMs pass by carrying a tuba, then two more groups carry a teddy bear and a lamp.

================================================================================

EASTER EGG: The Genie's Lamp from Disney's Aladdin

================================================================================

Buzz: I don't think they have any idea what they're doing anymore, Commander.

Two LGMs walk up to Buzz carrying one of XR's arms.

LGM: What is uh, this thing?

Buzz: Uh, an arm?

LGM: Told ya.

Commander Nebula (suddenly angry): BLAST! ZURG KNOWS THE LITTLE GREEN GUYS KEEP STAR COMMAND RUNNING!

Two LGMs fixing XR. The one on the right is screwing his arm back in; the one on the left is having a hard time jamming a skateboard into his chest.

Commander Nebula : That stinkin' buckethead! He did this to cripple our operation!

The skateboard is finally in XR's chest, but the LGMs let out a yelp when a brown chicken pops out clucking and floats away. The LGM on the left glares at the other LGM.

Buzz: No, Commander. If that's all Zurg wanted, he could've destroyed the Uni-mind. Instead, he had his lackey, Agent Z, steal it.

Commander Nebula: But why? What's he gonna do with it?

Buzz: I don't know exactly, but I believe that even now, Zurg is hatching his most diabolical scheme yet.