Chapter 8: Constructing the Zurgatronic Megaray & Mira Hijacks the Alpha-1

At the Zurg Tower, the Uni-Mind was on the roof of the building, where a Grub was plugging two plugs together. The Brain Pods and Grubs working on the Zurgatronic Megaray.

Zurg: Soon the Zurgatronic Megaray will be fully operational.

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist": Install the Evil Uni-Mind!

Rockets lifted the now electric Uni-Mind and positioning it inside the laser. The cables detach and the rockets fly off.

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist": Now, load the Crystallic Fusion Cell.

A Grub operating a crane lifts up a giant battery and loads it in.

Zurg: Will it work?

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist": Yes, my lord. The Zurgatronic Megaray will use the Uni-Mind, to spread your evil across the universe! Oh-oh yeah!

Agent Z: You haven't won until Lightyear is out of the picture.

The crane releases the battery, with the minus sign up, and the plus sign down.

Grub Crane Operator (calling out, sticking his thumb up): Fusion Cell loaded!

Zurg: Fire Zurgatronic Megaray!

Grub (while typing): Firing Zurgariffic Megaray!

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist" (angry): "Zurgatronic", you lackwit!

Grub: (nervously chuckles) Sorry. (pulls down a lever)

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist": "Zurgariffic" is not bad though. (smiles) Let's file it for future use.

The Megaray starts to power up, but shortly afterwards, it shuts off. At this point, Zurg's eyes light up in anger.

Zurg (angry): It appears that you've failed once more.

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist": Did you check to make sure that the plus end went to the plus part? (suddenly shouting) AND THE MINUS END WENT TO THE MINUS PART!?

Startled, the Grub yelps and runs up to the battery. Another shot reveals it was put in the wrong way.

Grub: Oh. (nervously chuckles) That would do it, huh?

The Lead Scientist puts his hand on his forehead and groans in frustration.

~***~

At the Star Command Launch Bay.

Woman on P.A.: All LGM maintenance checks have been cancelled until further notice.

A few seconds later, Mira sticks her head out from behind the wall with her ghosting powers. As Mira checks to see if the coast is clear as she sticks her hand out. Then Mira gets out of the wall and casually walks down the empty hallway to the Alpha-1 prototype.

Woman on P.A.: Rocket Crockett to Mission Ops immediately.

Mira smiles at the sight of the Alpha-1, happy she didn't get caught. But after looking back to see if anyone is suspecting, she turns to the passenger door and tries to open it, until a familiar voice stops her.

Buzz: Going somewhere, princess?

Mira Nova: (gasps at the sight of Buzz behind her) Buzz! (nervously smiles) Oh, hi. How are ya? I was, uh, you know, just taking a little stroll, and I thought...

Buzz (angry): Ranger Mira Nova, you were about to hijack the Alpha-1, weren't you?

Mira Nova: Why I... (hangs her head in shame) Yes, sir.

Buzz (angry): Princess, report yourself to Commander Nebula at once.

Mira Nova (sad): I'm sorry. (begins to walk out of the room) I just wanted to help, you know? And I thought this would be the best way to...