Chapter 14: Buzz's Rescue, Facing Zurg as a Team

Zurg: Do it.

A Brain Pod pushes the lever up, and the Uni-Mind powers up. Suddenly, XR's hands grab Buzz, making him dodge the blast. XR magnetized to the bottom of the Alpha-1.

Booster: Hot rockets!

XR: See, this is where metal arms come in handy. I don't wanna show off, but when you have to hold a heavy guy like...

The Hornets conduct electricity, and XR screams as he gets electrocuted, causing XR to release Buzz. As Buzz and the Hornets fall from the sky, Buzz turns on his jetpack and flies away. Two Hornets falling into the red clouds.

Zurg (outraged): What!? Darkmatter, kill Lightyear!

Warp turns on his jetpack and flies up to a Hornet.

Warp (while hovering): Where...?

The Hornet smacks Warp back to the ground, causing his wings to break off as he hits the ground.

Warp (angry at the Hornet): Have you blown a circuit?

Mira ghosts out of the Hornet she was possessing, and Warp screams as it falls towards him, then hits him.

Mira (while Hovering; tauntingly): Aww! Stung by your own Hornet, huh?

Meanwhile XR's feet loses its grip during his electrocution.

XR (scared): Booster!

XR falls off the ship, and Booster swoops down to rescue him, causing XR to land on top of the Alpha-1.

Booster: (turns to XR behind him) Sorry!

Dr. Trononic: Target the Planet of Widows and Orphans!

The two Brain Pods at the computer type in said coordinates. The Zurgatronic Megaray points up, revealing Buzz behind it.

Buzz (while hovering; angry): You fiend! (flies to the battery)

Grub: (points to the sky) There he is!

Zurg: (chuckles) I knew that would get him.

Mira was about to shoot with her laser, but two Grubs pounce on her arms. Buzz flies to the battery and starts shooting. He blasts the battery. Zurg notices this, and he sticks out one hand.

Zurg: Your puny Star Command laser is pathetic.

A Grub hands him his Ion Blaster.

Zurg: Let me show you a real weapon.

Zurg blasts Buzz's jetpack, sending Buzz falling to his doom. Then Warp regains consciousness and sits up with his hand on his head.

Warp: (groans) Oh, nice shot.

Zurg (wearing his Ion Blaster): The key is to not pull the trigger, but squeeze it.

Suddenly, the Alpha-1 flies by.

XR: Janitor driving!

Mira(while struggling to get Zurg's Grubs off her arms): Get off!

The Grubs gasp at the Alpha-1 flying towards them, then the ship crash lands onto the roof of Zurg Tower.

XR: Look out!

The ship slides through the wires and circuits, two Grubs run and jump out of the way as it slides towards Mira. Then the ship comes to a stop when it crashes into a computer, sending XR flying off the roof of the now damaged Alpha-1.

Mira: (ghosts her head into the Alpha-1 to talk to Booster) Buzz is hit!

Warp: (scoffs and smirks) Rookies. (turns his robot hand into an arm cannon)

Booster: (notices Warp in his new Agent Z attire) Hey, isn't that Buzz's dead partner?

Mira: Eject! (slams the Eject button, sending Booster flying up)

Booster: (while flying out of the shot) WHOA!

Booster falls on Warp and crushes him.

Waro (under Booster): Aren't you the janitor?

Booster (while sitting on Warp): (smirks) Yep.

Warp (under Booster; sarcastically): Oh, this is gonna be great for my rep!

With Buzz's jetpack damaged, disabling his ability to fly, Buzz thankfully latched onto the bottom of the Zurg logo. He climbs up and opens his wrist communicator.

Buzz (talking into his wrist communicator): Mira, Booster, XR. Do you copy? I can't make it in time. It's up to you now.

Zurg's shadow walks up from behind Buzz, and he aims his Ion Blaster at him.

Buzz (talking into his wrist communicator): Good luck!

As Buzz closes his wrist communicator, he jumps as Zurg was about to blast him. Then he notices a piece of a wall falling towards him. Buzz fires it with his laser, then gets up on his feet to approach Zurg as his shadow fades in.

Zurg (in the shadows): Give it up, Lightyear. I win.

Buzz: Evil... never... wins.

Zurg fires his Ion Blaster again, and Buzz does a flip over Zurg. Zurg keeps shooting, but the bright lights around Zurg dim down.

Zurg (confused): Huh?

Buzz: (walks out of the shadows) Afraid of the dark, Zurg?

Zurg was about to take another blast, until a red laser beam blasts Zurg's Ion Blaster out of his hand. It's revealed that Mira did it as she ghosted from the ceiling.

Mira (from the ceiling): Not today, Zurg.

Then Booster walks up to the Ion Ray, and crushes it with his hands as he evilly smiles. As he drops the broken blaster, Buzz walks in closer, aiming his arm at Zurg while his laser warms up. Mira drops in and aims her arm at Zurg.

Mira: Evil Emperor Zurg, by the authority of Star Command...

Booster: Section Five, Subsection Zeta. That's the one about the evil emperor.

XR: (grapples down from the ceiling, and aims a gun at Zurg) You are under arrest.

Buzz: Like I said... Evil... never... wins.

Brain Pod #29 recovers and sat up.

Brain Pod #29 (dizzy; groans): F-firing. (pushes the lever)

The same scream from the possessed Uni-Mind is heard as the final blast launches into space. XR turns his head around and notices this.

XR (while dangling): Hey!

Zurg walks to a trapdoor and falls through it as he evilly laughs. The trapdoor slides shut, and Mira tries to shoot Zurg, but it's too late. Zurg now stood on his flying throne platform.

Zurg: You failed, Lightyear!

As Zurg talks, Buzz, Mira, and XR look at Zurg angrily, while Booster looks scared at Zurg's victory.

Zurg: With that final blast I have enslaved every free world in the Galactic Alliance!

Booster looks down in despair as he stands next to XR. Mira glares at Zurg with Buzz.

Zurg: Wherever you go in the universe, you will hear my voice mocking you... "Evil rules"! (evilly laughs until a red laser beam flies by him)

Buzz, Mira, and XR fire their weapons at Zurg, but Zurg evilly laughs and flies away while standing next to his throne.

Buzz: We're not done yet. (turns to his team) Booster, XR, get up top and take Warp into custody.

Booster and XR nod with Mira saluting to Buzz.

Buzz: Mira, you're with me.