Chapter 6: Zurg's Uni-Mind

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist": This is your most diabolical scheme yet!
Zurg watched from the rails as the Uni-Mind was set in place.

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist": Assuming that the freakshow, known as my staff, CAN DO ONE THING RIGHT!

Grub (nervous): Of course, my evil emperor. And (Looks around) uh, uh, who better to give you the good news than, uh...

Grub runs off and gets Brain Pod #13, who is carrying a clipboard of data.

Grub (nervous): Brain Pod Thirteen [13]!

The Grub runs away.

Brain Pod #13: Huh? (looks up to Zurg and screams) Okay, hi, uh, Mr. Evil Emperor. How are you? You look very terrif--very sinister today. (clears his throat and puts the clipboard down) We believe that just as the Uni-Mind connected all the LGMs, it would hopefully allow you to reach out and ensnare every innocent mind in the Galactic Alliance. You know, a mind slave, evil puppet scenario. (evilly chuckles)

Zurg just stood there as his eyes slowly light up in anger.

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist" (angry): You're telling me the plan. I already know my plan. I made up the plan. It's my plan. WHAT I DON'T KNOW IS HOW CLOSE YOU ARE TO ACCOMPLISHING my plan!

Brain Pod #13 (nervous): Ooh yeah, kind of an outdoor voice there. (looks back at his clipboard) Okay, naturally, the first step is to turn the Uni-Mind from "Good" to "Evil", but um... we really don't have any idea how. You see, um...

At that moment, Zurg has finally lost it, and shoots a laser beam from his eyes at Brain Pod #13. Brain Pod #13 thankfully dodges his attack and speeds away.

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist" (angry): LAMEBRAIN!

As Brain Pod #13 screams, Zurg activates his rocket boots and hovers over the railing.

Zurg (while hovering down): If you want something turned evil, turn it evil yourself.

Two Grubs back away as Zurg lands right where they were standing. Then Zurg walks up to the Uni-Mind.

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist": That's what Nana always used to say to me. And she was plenty evil.

Zurg sinks his claws into the Uni-Mind, poisoning it with evil. As it turns from orange to purple, ghostly wails and shrieks can be heard.

Brain Pod #29 (nervous): Ooh! Evil overload!

The Uni-Mind turns more purple as the screams get louder and louder. So much so that Zurg's cape starts flapping until everything flashes white. When the white fades, the Uni-Mind now fully purple, with electric lightning bolts bouncing off of each end.

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist" (crying happily): Nana would be so proud!

Zurg: Indeed.

As the Lead Scientist continues to cry tears of joy.