Chapter 11: An Old Ranger & Crash-landing on Planet Z

Booster: So where are we going?

They soon took notice that the ship's navigation was not set for Planet Z, but for a different planet known as Nibano.

Buzz: ...To see a old friend.

On the Planet Nibano stood a small farm on top of a hill not far from a town. A human man walked through the vegetation and beauty of the land. A scarecrow stood in the fields made up of a Space Ranger suit.

The man quietly harvests the crops before returning to his cottage. After putting everything away, he prepares a meal for himself and sits by the fireplace.

Buzz: It's been awhile hasn't it?

The man doesn't look up, but he knew who it was.

Echo: What do you want, Lightyear?

Buzz: We need your help.

Echo placed the kettle down as he swallows the food in his mouth.

Echo: My help? What for? Another one of Zurg's evil plans or a new products for Star Command?

Buzz: Zurg has stolen the Uni-Mind from the LGMs and now his evil can spread across the galaxy unless we stop him.

Echo: I'm done, Lightyear. Or did you forget about it. I want nothing to do with Star Command or Zurg. Especially business with Martiana.

Buzz: Echo.

Echo: Done... I'm not going back.

Buzz took a moment. He understood why a former comrade would choose the life he chose for himself, but he hoped to fight like the old days. Without another word, Buzz left to face Zurg.

At Zurg Tower, Agent Z talked to lead scientist.

Agent Z: I never thought it would be so easy.

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist": (walks up to Agent Z and stands next to him) What? The defeat of Star Command? I always knew it was doable.

Agent Z: No, not that. Lightyear.

Brain Pod "Lead Scientist": Ah, yes. My... I mean, the dark one's dearly departed foe. (watching the Hornets fly by) Somehow, evil won't be quite as much fun without Buzz Lightyear to kick around... Just like a certain other Ranger in mind.

Meanwhile Buzz was piloting the Alpha-1 Prototype.

Buzz: Okay, Ranger Nova. Let's test that little theory of yours.

XR: So, nobody's ever actually infiltrated Planet Z before?

Buzz: Never.

Booster (nervous): Oh man.

Mira: Listen, a spacecraft this small won't be detected. I'm positive.

The Alpha-1 flies away, straight for Planet Z.

Mira: You know, I'm... I mean, I'm pretty... I mean, you know I'm not a hundred percent [100%] positive (chuckles).

A purple moon flies by, a beam of lightning zaps it, opening up the moon as Seeker Drones fly out of it.

Buzz: Blast! The Seeker Drones are on patrol.

XR (sarcastically): Oh, this just gets better and better.

Buzz steers the Alpha-1, dodging each drone, but he still feels cramped inside the ship.

Buzz: I can do this. I just need a little elbow room!

The Alpha-1 plunges nose-down into Planet Z, then Buzz pulls the control stick back up. As Booster backs up, something pings inside the Alpha-1.

Booster (nervous): Uh, Buzz? I think I sat on a button.