Chapter 16 (Ending): Awards Ceremony

Commander Nebula and two Space Rangers fly down and land with their jetpacks from their spacesuits.

Commander Nebula: Well, Lightyear, (hovers down and lands) you managed to save the universe again.

Buzz: It wasn't just me, sir. Zurg almost won. In fact, he would have, except I had backup.

XR: Well, of course you had backup!

Mira: Because everybody needs backup.

Booster: It's in the manual: Section Six, Subsection Gamma.

Buzz: Got the message, guys.

Commander Nebula: So, who's your partner gonna be, son?

Mira, Booster, and XR gather around, hoping one of them will be picked by Buzz. XR even exaggerates with an arrow popping out of his chest that points to him, and its lightbulbs blink three times.

Buzz: Don't worry, Commander. I've made my choice.

Later at a Space Ranger Academy back down on Earth, alien lifeforms were lined up in one section, with the Space Rangers lined up in another section. To the gentle music, Commander Nebula puts a medal around Mira's neck, and Mira fixes her hair. Then a medal around Buzz's neck, and he and Mira salute for the commander. Then XR salutes as Commander Nebula puts a medal around his helmet, right down to his shoulders. XR grabs Commander Nebula by the neck and kisses his cheek. Despite XR's lips touching the inside of his helmet, Commander Nebula pushes XR away from him. Everyone vibrates from Booster running up to the commander from backstage. Booster was shown in his Space Ranger outfit that actually fits him, and Booster salutes for the commander. Commander Nebula gets out a tearful smile, and sticks Booster's medal on his chest. With Buzz and his crew wearing medals, the crowd cheers for them.

Buzz: Team Lightyear, reporting for duty, sir!

The crowds cheering for the new heroes of Star Command. Buzz turns on his jetpack, and flies out, so does Mira. XR spins around fast enough, making his wings appear and blasts off. Then lastly, Booster presses his jetpack button, and instead of Space Ranger wings (likely due to how heavy he is), giant rocket thrusters pop out.

Booster: So cool! (blasts off and flies out)

Buzz, Mira, XR, and Booster flies off into space.

Buzz (while flying): To infinity...

Buzz, Mira, XR, and Booster (while flying): AND BEYOND!