Chapter 1: The First Mission

"This the universe. I work here. Name's Lightyear, Buzz Lightyear. I'm a space ranger. My partner, Warp Darkmatter and I work out of Star Command's Universe Protection Unit. At oh-eight-hundred [0800] hours, the report came in."

Mission Objective: Missing: Three Little Green Men. Last seen: Star Command Science Bay. Alpha mission objective: Locate L.G.M.s A.S.A.P.

"We'll find and rescue these Little Green Men... Even if we must go to infinity... and beyond."

In the purple fog of the uncharted moon of the Zeta Quadrant, the volcanoes ignite more purple clouds of steam and a giant cloud flies from left to right. A distant rocket sparkling. The rocket rested on a mountain top and a puff of smoke covers the area. The smoke then clears out as space ranger, Buzz Lightyear updating his mission log.

Buzz: Buzz Lightyear mission log. We've searched this gaseous planetoid from top to bottom (turns on his hologram projector from his wrist communicator showing the three missing L.G.M.s) with no sign of the missing personnel.

Buzz deactivates his wrist communicator and a bright light shines at him and he hears a loud car honk which startles him.

Buzz: Hey! (puts his hand over his eyes)

His partner, Warp Darkmatter got out of the buggy and looked at Buzz, who was in the middle of his log.

Warp: Come on, buddy. Nobody ever reads those reports.

Buzz: (walks up to Warp) Warp, my friend, procedure is what separates us from the wicked forces of chaos.

A pair of goggles suddenly appear from the back of Buzz's neck and he applies them.

Warp: Ah, Buzz. If it means less paperwork, I'll take chaos. (gets back in the driver's side of the buggy and straps on his seat belt) Oh, man. Give it up, partner. This rock's as dead as it looks.

Buzz: (goggles come off and slide back behind him, then walks up to Warp) Never judge a moon by its crater. We'd better double-check the dark side.

Warp: I'll drive. (steps on the gas and starts the buggy)

Warp drives the space buggy through the planet. As he drives, the buggy flies off the ramp, and as it falls, three L.G.M.s pop out of the tarp in the backseat and scream from behind Buzz and Warp. Then the buggy lands and Warp stops the buggy.

Warp: (looks behind him and sees the L.G.M.s in the back) Well, mission accomplished.

Turns on his hologram projector from his wrist communicator showing the three missing L.G.M.s.

Warp: Three L.G.M.s disappeared, we just found three L.G.M.s.

Buzz: (looks at Warp's hologram of the L.G.M.s) Well, I don't think these are the three missing Little Green Men.

Warp: (deactivates his wrist communicator) Sure, not anymore.

Buzz: I'm afraid these three are stowaways.

The L.G.M.s get out of the space buggy and start to wander off.

Buzz: Ah, blast! This won't look good in my report. (notices the L.G.M.s wandering off) Hey!

L.G.M.s: (walking) Must save the lost ones!

Warp: (runs up to the L.G.M.s and stops them for a second) Whoa, whoa, whoa. We'll find your amigos, boys. Just not here.

L.G.M.s: Here!

Buzz: How can you be so sure?

L.G.M.s: Mind link.

Warp: Oh, come on.

L.G.M.s: (antennas wiggle) Evil!

Warp: Now you're just trying to freak us out.

Buzz: (remembers something) No, it's my worst fear come true.

Warp: (sarcastic) Here we go.

Buzz: This diabolical plot could only be the work of my sworn enemy of the galactic alliance, Evil Emperor Zurg!

Warp just looked at him with a bored look before getting mad at him for the idea of Zurg being behind every evil doing they've come across.

Warp: What plot!? You think Zurg is behind every kitten and stuck up a tree!

Buzz: The fiend! Why can't he leave kitty cats out of his nefarious schemes?

Warp: All I know is we searched half of the Zeta Quadrant to find the L.G.M.s and what do we find? (smoke fumes behind him as he shouts) A lot of nothing!

Buzz looked scared for a moment as something big emerges behind Warp.

Warp: There's something really bad behind me, isn't there?

A snake-like monster roars as it was about to attack him.

Buzz: Crater Viper! Look out! 

He charges into Warp, right as the Crater Viper was about to devour them. They tremble down the mountain and aimed their wrist lasers at the creature. Soon several more appeared.

Buzz: Crater Vipers never hunt in packs.

Warp: Tell them that!

They shoot their lasers from their wrists at the crater vipers' mouths. Buzz turns back and shoots one crater viper from behind at its mouth. That same crater viper roars in pain and charges down. Warp continued shooting when a crater viper appears behind him, Buzz shoots a laser beam at that crater viper's mouth.

Warp: Thanks, partner.

Buzz: Looks like the moon isn't so dead after all!

The L.G.M.s walk past Buzz and Warp as they shoot the crater vipers' mouths.

Warp: Give me a minute. It will be.

A crater viper crashes behind the L.G.M.s as they continue wandering off.

L.G.M.s: The lost ones!

Buzz: (turns to the wandering L.G.M.s) What are you doing? (ducks under a swinging arm)

L.G.M.s: This way.

A crater viper crashes into a hole and turns the other way. A crater viper surrounds Warp as he shoots. Two other crater vipers miss the L.G.M.s walking into a crater. The third crater viper dives its head to the ground, only to miss the L.G.M.s and crash into the ground. A crater viper pops out of a crater behind Buzz and grabs him with its arms as it roars, until Buzz presses the red circle on his spacesuit and activates his jetpack. He flies and gets close to the ground and slides across the ground on his back, blocking the L.G.M.s and shooting into a crater viper's open mouth. We cut over to Warp, shooting two times at the army of crater vipers.

Buzz: Warp, hit em' from below!

Warp: Soft underbellies, eh?

Warp presses the big red circle on the right side of his spacesuit and activates his jetpack. He flies up and a crater viper is about to bite him, but misses. He presses his icon and pulls out a bazooka.

Warp: Let's see how ticklish.

Warp blasts the crater vipers in sight. The crater vipers go back into their holes.

Buzz: I should've guessed!

A rock opens its mouth and one eye, and it is revealed that the crater vipers were actually its fingers.

Buzz: A crater viper slag monster mutant!

The Crater Vipers roared with the mutant. 

Buzz: The L.G.M.s!

The L.G.M.s were walking up to the mutant monster as it growls.

L.G.M.s: Must save the lost ones!

Buzz and Warp suddenly fly down from behind them and grab each one, then fly up.

Warp: Can't you just....

Buzz: Warp, Gemini split, now!

Buzz and Warp dodge it. Then Buzz jumps off of another crater viper's nose, then flies up to a nearby cliff where Warp is.