20: Start of the Snooze-I Mean, the Sports Festival

A/N: GOOD NEWS. I got a high percentile for that important test and I am now sending applications to my first and second choices of med school. I WAS SO HAPPY I HAD TO FINISH THIS CHAPTER AND SHARE IT WITH YOU GUYS. Please enjoy!

***

You groaned as you plopped down on your bed, Minerva ignoring you completely as you did her.

Bi-universal synchronization failed for the 113th time and your phone kept buzzing with nonsensical text messages from Himiko:

"Good morning!", "How're you feeling today?", "I really liked the parfait!", "The burger was too greasy though. Blegh!", "Hey", "Hey", "Hey", "I really want to stab you, [Name]-chan!", "Hey", "Hey", "Hey", "Hey", "Hey".

You rubbed your temples, texted "I have classes, we'll talk later," and prepared for another day of school. When you reached campus, you were aware but uncaring of the stares thrown your way by your schoolmates. You searched for Hitoshi in the crowd and hurried to his side.

"Give me your bag."

"Excuse me?"

"You just got out of the hospital, let me carry your bag."

"Thanks, kitten, but I can handle this much."

"If you say so."

"...what're you doing?"

"Walking."

"Your classroom is in the other direction."

"I'm escorting you to yours."

Hitoshi's eyes widened and he scratched his cheek, looking away.

You remained quiet as you followed him to Class 1-B, which was alive with noise that passed through the walls. You twisted the doorknob before Hitoshi could even reach for it. "Have a nice day."

"You sound like my mom."

You smiled, you've never been compared to such a warm and loving individual before. "Thank you."

"Shinso, welcome back!" Tetsutetsu sprung through the doorway, arms wide open. Hitoshi flinched and you kicked the guy in the jaw before he could lay a hand on your friend.

"Wah, Tetsutetsu!", "What's going on? Did someone break in?", "Ooh, a fight?" the other students shouted amongst themselves.

Hitoshi yelled your name, grabbed your shoulders and made you face him. "What're you doing?!"

"I thought that he was going to attack you."

"He was going to hug me."

"But you flinched."

"Yeah, because he surprised me." He gently spun you around. "You have to say sorry!"

Tetsutetsu groaned. It's been a while since he's been hit so hard, and while his quirk was off, too. He rubbed his chin.

"Don't touch that," a melodious voice rang out from above. When he looked up, his eyes bulged out. It was the angel from the infirmary! You were wearing the school uniform, skirt flouncing as you knelt down in front of him.

"I...I..."

The angel was touching him!

You palpated his jaw, observing any sign of dislocation or bruising, and spoke, "Do you feel dizzy?"

"No...I mean, only a little..."

"How many fingers am I holding up?"

"Two..." he answered, but he was more preoccupied with your expression, so serious and smart.