Gotta Love Basketball

Y/N

I just got off the basketball court with my team. Oh, I'm NOT on the basketball team if that's what you're thinking!! I'm the captain of the cheerleading team.

We did our routine and stuff and everybody loved it. Shortly after, the basketball team came back to the court, since it's the fourth quarter.

Glancing back at me, my boyfriend, August, winked at me and gave me a smile as he was in his position on the court. I blushed, and it was very noticeable because my friend, Nikki, on the cheerleading squad with me elbowed me in the arm.

"You better get that!!" She said.

I looked back at August and he laughed at me and then focused on the game. The score is 34-34, and we're tied with the school's rival. And on top of that.....we only have twelve seconds of the game left, and this is the championship game.

The whistle was blown and the clock was ticking fast. A guy on the team passed the ball to August. Now it's eight seconds of the game.

He jumped and shot the ball and everybody in the gym stood up to see if he'll miss it or make it. I jumped up and saw the ball go straight into the goal.

The whole gym was roaring and people from the bleachers went and carried August in their arms. He was carrying the championship trophy and had a big smile on his face.

He finally looked at me and he got off of the people's arms. Running to me, August picked me up and kissed me.

I gave him a tight hug, with my legs wrapped around his waist. He was all sweaty, but I didn't care. After the gym was completely empty, we stayed in the gym playing basketball.

August lured me to the middle of the court and we sat down. "I'm glad you won the game, bae!!" I said, playing with his hair.

"The only reason why I won the game was because I was thinking of you." He kissed me on the cheek. "And I got you something."

A gold box was in August's hand. "You didn't have to." I said. "But I want to." He gave the box to me. I opened the box, and inside was a gold necklace that has a diamond crusted "A" on it.

"This is beautiful. Thank you." I placed a sweet kiss on his lips, making him bite his lip after. I tried to put the necklace on myself, but I was having trouble.

"Baybeh, let me help you." The way he called me baby tho!!!!! "I love you......" Those three words just came out of August's mouth out of no where.

"August, what do we know about love? I mean, we're only sixteen." I said.

"I know that I love you."

I looked down at my necklace, and then at him. "Well," I said with a long pause. "I love you too." Wow, did I just say that?? Yea, I did. He leaned in and kissed me. After that, we made out in the middle of the court.

But I still can't believe that I just said those three words to him. I love August, and he loves me. And right now, that's all that matters.

Hey, you gotta love basketball...