Long Time, No See

Y/N

I've been living in Los Angeles for about a year now. I moved here to pursue my dream as a Fashion Designer. And things have been great since then.

Right now I'm just doodling in my sketch book. Mainly because I don't know what to design next. My mind is just blank. But every time I don't have any design in mind, I end up having a client.

"Y/N, you have a new client. He's dying to work with you!" My boss, Des, said.

I told you. When I don't have anything in mind, I always end up with new clients. This bullshit always happen to me.

"Where is he?" I asked Des.

"He's in my office. Now turn that frown upside down, it's August Alsina!" She said excitedly.

What the fuck did she just say?

"Um, I'm sorry. It sounded like you said August Alsina."

"That's because I did, Y/N. Now come on! We don't wanna keep him waiting." Des grabbed my wrist and lead me to her office.

And there he was. With his cheating ass.

"And here she is! This is Y/N, and she'll be making your outfit for the MTV Awards!" Des kept staring at me because I'm not smiling.

"Y/N? Is that you?" August asked.

"Wait, you two know each other?" She asked.

I sighed. "Lets just get this over with. Follow me Mr. Alsina."

I rolled my eyes and made my way to my office. He followed me then closed my door.

"Please leave the door open." I said with an attitude.

"Damn Y/N! Why do you have such an attitude?" August asked. "Aren't you happy to see me?"

I laughed. "You always did make me laugh."

He sucked his teeth. "Come on! You know I came all this way just to see you, right?"

"Well, you've wasted your time. And I need your body measurements so I can make you an outfit. You're not getting in the way of my money."

I went in my drawer and grabbed my measuring tools while August took his jacket off.

"Lift your arms." I demanded. And he did as I said.

I started off measuring his torso. It was kind of awkward because I had to pull him close to me.

"So, how've you been?" He asked.

"Quit making shit awkward, August."

"I was just asking a question. Damn, do you hate me that much?"

"After you cheated? Yep, pretty much." I said, continuing to take the measurements.

"That was just last year. Holding grudges like that isn't healthy, Y/N."

I rolled my eyes. "Whatever."

He is really getting on my last nerves. It's like he just wants to spark up an unnecessary conversation. Anyway, I finished quick. I've been doing this for a long. Taking measurements isn't that long if you have practice.

I looked at the clock. It read 8:35pm. It's time for me to go! My shift is over.

"You can leave now. I'm ready to go." I said.

"Well, can I walk you to your car?" August desperately asked.

"No. I'll be fine."

"For real Y/N, I insist."

I sighed. "Whatever. But don't try anything slick. Or it's your ass."

He put his hands up. "Okay officer."

~~~~~

"My car's right here," I said. "And thanks for walking me."

"You welcome." He said.

I was about to open the car door. But I felt my body get pulled. Then my lips crashed into another pair.

"I've been waiting to do that for a while now." August said, biting his lip.

I was speechless. I haven't kissed anyone in awhile.

"Would you mind if I asked you if you're free tomorrow? I just wanna catch up. Maybe even start over......"