A shootout

The Earp brothers were out in the front of the "Town Marshall" building and saw the cowboys slowly ride by, staring at them. They looked murderous and ill-intentioned. "Goddamn" Morgan said.

"Now there's six of 'em" Virgil said, "Hell, this is like a bad dream".

"Just stay calm" Wyatt said, "Use your head. It'll be alright. Just the same, though- Guess maybe you better swear me in". Both Virgil and Morgan looked at him with surprise that he wanted to join back into the force and both Virgil and Morgan were quick to swear him in. Wyatt never would've thought he would be back in the field of duty and now as he was sitting in a chair outside the building after receiving a new badge and retrieving his personalized pistol labeled "peacemaker", he thought if the decision was a mistake. His thoughts were interrupted by the mayor but he still stared out into oblivion.

"Those cowboys been tellin' everybody in town that they're gonna clean you out. They're back there in that lot behind the O.K Corral". Morgan sighed but then looked very surprised to see you and Doc walking towards them. "Thank you, Mayor" Wyatt said but didn't make eye contact with him and the Mayor walked away. "What're you doing out of bed, Doc"? Wyatt looked over at the mention of Doc's name and saw you as well which made him stand up. "What in the hell's goin' on? Five people came up to our room tellin' me the Clantons and McLaurys are gunnin' for us".

"We goin' down there or not? What are we gonna do" Morgan asked.

"Wait 'til the liquor wears off" Wyatt said. "Soon as they start gettin' headaches, they'll lose interest".

"Lose interest? Hell, they're threatenin' our lives and hers" Virgil said.

"You'll never make that stick".

"They're carryin' guns, Wyatt".

"Christ's sake, Virg, that's a misdemeanor. You go down there and arrest them, somethin' goes wrong, maybe somebody really gets his head broken. You'll have cowboys comin' around lookin' for trouble from here to Christmas. You want to risk all that over a misdemeanor"?

"Damn right I'll risk it. They're breaking the law" Virgil replied seriously. Wyatt then looked to you and Doc. "It's not your problem, Doc. You don't have to get mixed up in this". Doc felt offended and Wyatt added another point. "At the very least, you can keep her safe" Wyatt said. Doc put an arm around your waist and spoke, "That is a hell of a thing for you to say to us".

"There's no way in hell that I'm lettin' her get mixed up in this-"

"Wyatt"? They all looked to you. "I don't think I have a say in the matter. They're gunnin' for me and since my man here taught me enough to shoot a gun, I'm joining in".

"Your man" Morgan asked confused but was grinning. "Yes" you said sweetly and then looked Doc in the eyes. "My handsome man". Doc smirked and you both went to stand next to Morgan and Virgil to represent the decision of taking the cowboys out. Wyatt turned away for a moment but not before looking at you with a look of pleading but knew you were serious. "All right, Virg. Your call" Wyatt said as he turned back around. "Give Doc the shotgun. They'll be less apt to get nerv-i-ous if he's on the street howitzer. And here, (Y/n)". Wyatt took out his other pistol and handed it to you but he was so hesitant to let it go into your hands. He and his brothers and Doc made a commitment, protect you at all costs, and to him, this was going against their pledge. And secretly, the others felt like they were betraying the vow as well. Doc held up his cane for Virgil to grab and Virgil gave him the shotgun in return.

After making sure you all had ammo, you all started walking up the street. It was Wyatt and Virgil in front, Doc and Morgan in the back and you in the middle. Yet another protection circle was in place. You all saw that a building was on fire and knew it was the cowboys who did it to intimidate them but that didn't stop the Earps, Doc or you. Not even a boy who came running up and pretending to shoot you all made you all back down. What it did show was how overprotective they were of you.