Chapter 32: Red Scorpion

*Third Person's POV*

"Sasori..." Sakura felt her voice crack. She knew tears would burst anytime but still managed to stop herself from running.

All of her friends were staring at them and she felt horrible. She wanted to punch him in the face and tear of the smirk which made her heart flutter all the time.

He hurt her and she hasn't seen him since.

Now here he was, standing in front of her, calling the same nickname that he used when they were dating.

"What are you doing here?" She managed to ask without stuttering.

Deidara answered, "Sasori danna got the-" he stopped because Sasori elbowed him. "I mean, we came to visit our friends here! You know, Konan, Yahiko, Nagato and Itachi are here, right? Wait is that Itachi junior?!" He pointed at Sasuke who was glaring at Sasori.

"I'm Itachi's brother." Sasuke answered between gritted teeth.

"And Sakura's boyfriend, I've heard." Sasori added and Sakura gaped at him. "You guys are quite popular here." He explained to her.

"Wait, wait, wait, who the hell are you guys?!" Naruto stood next to Sakura as he looked at the other two.

"Oh, you're Nagato's cousin, un!" Deidara told him and Sakura nodded in confirmation. "I'm Deidara, Sakura's friend. We met when she was in america, and this is Sasori, her-"

"I don't think I'm important anymore." Sasori cut off and for a moment Sakura saw pain in his eyes. Before she could do anything, the bell rang and they all went to their classes.

"Are you alright?" Sasuke asked her quietly so that Kakashi-sensei wouldn't hear.

"I don't know. I wanted to punch him so hard!" She whisper-yelled.

"I was going to, but Neji stopped me." Sasuke said and Sakura giggled.

"Listen, whatever Sasori might say, don't listen to him. He might try to get to you so ignore him as much as you can." Sakura told Sasuke as he nodded.

"You should take that advice too. He might try to get to you or something. I don't want you to get hurt, I won't let him." Sasuke said firmly and Sakura smiled gently. She mouthed 'Thank you' as Sasuke squeezed her hand.

They were having lunch break when Sasori approached their table.

"Can I talk to you, Sakura?" He asked.

"State whatever you want here." Sasuke told him.

"I have to talk to her in private. Relax, I won't do anything stupid." He waved his hands. Sasuke looked at Sakura who nodded and mouthed 'It's okay' and stood up to go with him.

"What do you want, Sasori?" She questioned.

"I wanted to ask for your forgiveness, I'm sor-"

"My forgiveness?! Are out of your mind?! You broke my heart, you cheated on me and you have audacity to come here and ask for my forgiveness?! Get the hell out of my sight and don't ever come near me or my friends!" She yelled and without waiting for his response went back to the cafeteria.

"I'm going home. I can't take this anymore." Sakura whispered to Sasuke.

"What did he say?" He asked angrily. He was about to go and beat Sasori before Sakura stopped him.

"Forget about that. I've dealed with him. But I have to go home."

"Do you want me to come with you?" His face softened.