VII

I spent the whole morning looking for something to wear to the gig, as my style didn't really match the energy of their music. My room looked like a battlefield with clothes and some papers thrown around. After a while, I found a green summer dress with a flower print.

"I could make this work, can't I?" I whispered to myself.

The dress needs black combat boots and the leather jacket and I would look kind of appropriate for the concert. I was looking for my jacket, when I heard my phone buzzing on the table, I quickly glanced at it and saw Joel's name.

Joel: "I'm really looking forward for tonight's show, hope to catch you before the show"

Nora: "You will, Alice doesn't like to be late"

Nora: "But I can't wait to see you guys on stage"

Joel: "I already feel like this is going to be one of the best shows in a while"

Nora: "Are you putting pressure on me to bring you good luck?"

Joel: "I would never... you bring good luck anyway"

Nora: "Oh, look at that, Joel has learned how to be cheeky"

Joel: "I learn from the best"

That's where our little exchange ended, as Joel told me he had to get ready for the show and some interviews. I was feeling happy for once in a while, I walked out of the room to the living room where Alice was typing away on her laptop. I walked to the record player that used to be mine, but as I moved away I left it and all my records with Alice because I had to know it would be in good hands. I found one of my favorite records by Lou Reed and as the first song started to play, I opened the balcony doors and sat by the nearby table, and lit up my cigarette.

"You seem in a good mood?" Alice laughed.

"Maybe a bit, I just miss going to concerts."

"You and I both, sis. But I think that some of this has to be due to a certain lead singer.." Alice said sheepishly and I just threw an angry stare at her, but we both started to giggle.

"Of course, I missed Nikos energy, can't believe that I survived so long without seeing him live.''

"Is there a time when you don't speak sarcasm? It's a bit old news at this point," my friend fake yawned and I shrugged.

"It's a coping mechanism, so I don't let anyone get too close."

"But you did let someone get so close.."

"And look where it got us... two years without contact and now pretending that everything is fine when in reality none of us is fine."

"Maybe now is the time to talk?" Alice insisted, "You both clearly yearn for each other, and everyone sees that, even Joonas who can be so daft sometimes. I know it's none of my business, but for fucks sake, talk and make up, and get married already!"

"Oh, shut up woman! You really are the captain of this ship," I was having a giggle fit and so was Alice. I heard Lou Reed's Goodnight Ladies starting to play, "I think this is a sign for us to get ready." I pointed to the record player and walked to my room.

We arrived at the venue and I, for once in a while, felt like I was at the right place for me. I felt like I belonged here. I used to take photos for the band if I had time and I spent so much time backstage that being here walking around the grounds behind the stage felt so familiar and common. You could feel that buzz and energy backstage, that kind of thing made me eager to see the concert.