13

[EDITED]

-

A year passed and her text message to Saito still lingers in my mind. Why would she tell me her address there? Is she indirectly asking me to follow her?

After knowing that, I never came back to their house. All I did was head back home and cry myself to sleep. Hoping that I could easily erase my love for her.

"Oi, Baji. Are you alright? You're not as lively as you used to be." Mikey came up to me. Today, I finally graduated middle school. We were supposed to be celebrating but here I am, speaking nothing but air. Hurting.

Before, since I survived the bloody halloween, I was expecting a graduation celebration with her and my friends. But now that she's absent, maybe that's why I couldn't bring myself to be cheerful just like what Mikey said.

I sighed and told them that I am fine.

The celebration goes on and I could clearly see that they're trying so hard to make me smile. We talked and talked until midnight.

"By the way, Baji. Jii-san told me he wants to talk to you." After I heard that from Mikey, the next day I went to their house.

Apparently, Grandpa Sano wanted to take me with him in Hokkaido and be his college scholar. All I needed to do was to be his co-instructor in his martial arts class. It's for my whole college so I said I would talk to mom first for consideration.

Also, that place is where Eichi is currently staying. I mean, Hokkaido is a big city... I think there's a low chance that I would see her. And there's a lot of cities there! She could be in Sapporo, Asahikawa or Hakodate...

I just thought that it would be a waste to not accept grandpa Sano's offer...

"Mom said it's fine, Jiji."

Grandpa Sano smiled and handed me a cup of tea. We just finished training, that's why I'm here at their Dojo.

"Alright. Your college is secured, all we need to do now is wait for you to graduate highschool."

Three years after I accepted his offer, we were finally leaving Tokyo. For the meantime, I'm not gonna be able to fulfil my duties as the first division captain of Toman, that's why Chifuyu was left in charge.

While boarding the plane, I was fucking nervous for some ridiculous reason. That is... I'm feeling excited to see her again even though the chance is lower than zero. Four years had passed since our break up but it still feels like yesterday.

"I heard from Mikey that you have a girlfriend in Hokkaido. Why don't we visit her once we arrived?" I don't know what to reply to him. I wanted to punch Mikey for telling Grandpa Sano something like that.

"There's no need, Jiji. Besides, that girl is already my ex now. She's only part of my past." lies...

That was the first time after three years my heart talked to me again like that but I didn't pay attention to it. Since I started High school, I have been trying to tell myself that it's already enough.

I was hurt enough and already cried enough to realise that we're not going back together as we used to be. I should finally move on now and start a new life there. Cause she might have also done the same.

-

The first semester of my college, I was doing fine. Just like what Jiiji said, I'm also there to teach college students martial arts. I have encountered a lot of people, had the chance to date a lot of girls but ended up only as my casual friends and passed my exams on my own. And that's also when I realise that I could actually live without her around at all. I mean, I also did before... It was barely.