PROLOGUE

Smoke filled the small child's lungs as they woke up from their deep sleep. They sprung from their bed and opened the door, only to be met with flames waiting for them.

They ran over to their window, slammed it open and jumped through the space. Unluckily, their bedroom was on the second floor and  they landed on a way that made them break their ankle. They were itching with pain but continued trying to walk as far away from their burning memories as quick as possible.

Their legs were aching when they finally found a road that led to farmland, far away from their house. They collapsed on the side of the road and just before their eyes closed they saw a wisp of white smoke hover above them.

_________________________________________

When the small child woke up, they were met with big brown eyes staring at them. There was a boy with scruffy blonde hair a sharp pointed teeth. He was holding a reddish devil with a chainsaw sticking out of its forehead.

"Hey, you okay?" asked the boy.

Y/N nodded and then winced in pain at their still broken ankle. The boy looked down at the child's foot and saw how swelled up their ankle was. Not gonna lie, he felt pretty bad for them. So he put the little devil down on the grassy ground and picked the child up bridal style.

He was used to this already from how many trees he cuts down in a day.

"So, whats your name?" asked the boy.

"Y/N L/N... and... you are?"

"Denji, just Denji. And this devil walkin' next to us, his name is Pochita."

Y/N nodded and looked forward to the new surroundings.

_________________________________________

Thank you and have a good day / night.