The hustle and bustle of Tokyo made Denji and Y/N's ears ring. Makima held onto Y/N's hand not wanting them to get lost, fuck it if Denji got lost. But even so, Y/N and Denji had a very deep conversation.

Makima pointed in the direction of a large brick building.
"This is the devil Hunters' Tokyo Headquarters."

Makima explained how there are over, including private, a thousand devil hunters in Tokyo but the Burea has more paid day offs and the best benefits.

She then handed Y/N and Denji a pair of work uniforms. "After you two get dressed, you will be meeting your colleague." explained the pink haired woman.

Y/N got knee high black dress pants with a white dress shirt and black tie. They were also allowed to keep their old shoes as well.

When they met up with Denji, they noticed a man with a top knot and a sword strapped on his shoulder.

"Ah, Y/N finally you're finished. Anyways, Denji and Y/N, this is Hayakawa Aki. He has been working here for three years."

Aki looked straight at Y/N's e/c eyes, like he was staring right into their soul. "Bro, what is up with your fvucking hair?" asked Y/N bluntly. Makima and Denji covered their mouths as they giggled.

The man just nodded and went back to Makima, but on the inside he was a flustered mess. Like, you actually spoke to him and in such a bold manner.

The man, Aki, grabbed Denji from the back of his shirt collar and dragged him away. Y/N just looked at Makima and she signaled them to follow.

Small timeskip:

Aki led Denji and Y/N through the crowded city. Denji bombarded Aki with personal questions of Makima, trying to get as much information as he could.

"Come here for a minute." said Aki, leading Denji into a messy alley way. He just instructed Y/N to wait at the edge of the alleyway.

Aki then punched Denji in the face. Denji landed ungracefully against the wall. Aki grabbed Denji in a head lock and slammed his knee into Denji's mid-section.

He light a cigarette and said, "Just quit this job. If you come back tomorrow, I'll beat your ass again."

He then told Denji about the difference between guys who don't take the job seriously will get killed.

He then threw his cigarette onto Denji's chest. "Just tell Y/N and Makima that you got scared and ran away."

He then lit another cigarette, sighing. Suddenly Denji slammed his knee into Aki's crotch, making him fall on the floor. As Denji started kicking Aki in the balls, he shouted, "WHEN - I FIGHT - A GUY - I ONLY - AIM - FOR - THE CROTCH!!"

"I ain't leaving unless Y/N leaves. I will follow and protect them until I die. We became devil hunters on a whim. But if I can keep living a life like this with Y/N... then I don't mind dyin'."

Denji then thought for a moment and said, "... Well, maybe scratch that last part. 'S'not just my life after."

Aki got up punched Denji in the mid-section and face, causing Denji's leg to go upwards, kicking Aki in the balls again.

"You... really... only aimed... for my balls..." panted Aki as he fell to the floor.

"That speech was kinda badass." muttered Y/N as they walked into view.

--------------------------------------------------------------

Y/N forced Denji to have Aki's arm wrapped around his shoulder.
"Hayakawa's got assaulted by a testicle demon." muttered Denji.

"That's a lie... he's a liar..." pointed Aki.

"Hmph. So? Think you can get along?" asked Makima.

"No problemo."
"He's the worst..."

"Okay, I'll be putting Y/N and Denji in your squad then Hayakawa." announced Makima.

"Okay, Y/N I can handle but I have enough pains in the ass already. Getting one more freak is just..."

"I told you when I made the squad. That I was going to try to start an experimental system no one else had tried."

"What even are they?" asked Aki.

"Denji and Y/N are humans, but they can become devils." explained Makima.

"How's that? Awesone right?!" yelled Denji.

"....Are you serious? I haven't heard of anything like that outside of rumors..."

The surprised tone of Aki made Y/N think that they were the first to be able to turn themselves into devils.

"They're unique, so that's why they're  getting special treatment."

She then gave a warning if they left then they are allowed to get taken care of as any other devil.

--------------------------------------------------------------

"In order to keep watch on you two, we have to live together. And it's fine to kill you two if you try to run off somewhere, apparently." explained Aki.

He held onto Y/N's hand as he started drifting away from Denji.

_________________________________________

Thank you for reading!