二十一

The five devilhunters were all sitting around a wooden table with a large ramen bowls each in front of them.

There was sudden gunshots that could be heard in the distance. Denji perked up at the noise with half a mouth of food still in his mouth.

"Wazzat noise...?" questioned Denji.

"You don't know? What a fool... Tis' the sound of taiko drums." sighed Power.

"A festival?" wondered Aki.

"Hey, did you two truly not copulate yesterday?" asked Aki, tilting his head towards Y/N and Himeno.

"This one is actually quite the gentleman!" exclaimed Himeno happily.

Y/N took no notice to the other's conversation at all.

Their was a man sitting at another table who was also eating. He looked up, as if he was staring into space.

He locked eyes with Y/N and they just gave him a dirty look and continued with their food.

"I can't believe you can eat ramen here... doesn't it taste horrible?" inquired the man.

Everyone at Y/N's table looked at him confused.

Denji just yelled how his is fine and Power told him not to talk to them like they knew each other.

"I guess you can't judge the quality of flavors. You can't help it though. If you only eat the same flavors in your childhood, apparently your palate will be unrefined as an adult." explained the man.

Y/N thought that was a bit untrue as they and  Denji had been eating from dumpsters for 10 years straight, and it just be left over sandwiches and half-drunk water bottles.

"My granddad was the kindest man in the world. He fed me good at expensive restaurants. He was a Yakuza, but a Yakuza with principles. People like my granddad, maybe you'd call them... necessary evil. I'm told he killed a handful of women and children.

He'd buy me anything I wanted with the drug money. He was a true Tokyo-ite and a good man eeeverybody loved..." exclaimed the man as he slipped his hand into his blazer pocket.

He then pulled out a picture. The old man who hired Denji and Y/N was there, with a younger version of the man in front of him. He then said something that made everyone shiver, "You loved him too. Didn't you Y/N and Denji."

"What are getting at?" asked Denji as he scooted closer in Y/N's direction.

He then pulled out a gun and shot Denji in the head.

Aki in the arm.

And Himeno in the shoulder.

Power and Y/N jumped up from their seats. The pink haired girl ran up to the man and sucker punched him in the jaw.

"Top knot!" yelled Y/N.

Aki stood up and created the fox sign with his fingers and yelled "KON"

The building smashed as the fox devil captured the man in his mouth.
The debris hit their faces harshly. Himeno and Denji layed limply on the pile of broken stone and rusty pipes.

"Aki Hayakawa... You've something monstrous in my mouth... it is not human nor devil-" said the fox devil, but he was unfortunately cut off, as blood appeared on the top of his snout.

Out immersed a masculine body with two katanas pushing from his forearms and one on his forehead. He wore a long black jacket and a flat hat.

Aki started unsheathing his sword as he ordered Power to take care of Himeno's injuries.

He pulled the sword all the out to reveal a nail.

The katana devil lunged at Aki with such speed that he could barely dodge his attack.

Aki was able to slide on the floor and stand up behind the devil and stab him in the back with his nail-sword. As he stabbed the devil he yelled, 'fire!'

A finger appeared out of nowhere and hit the devil. Then, a pair of lips appeared from the shadows and said, "three"

The devil panted. He turned on his heel and attacked Aki once again, but he was able to dodge and stab him again.

The lips then said, "two"

Aki pulled the sword out and stabbed the devil in the stomach. The lips then said, "one"

Aki and the devil where pushed away and the black haired man's back smashed into a concrete wall.

"You're using something real ominous there." mumbled the man.

Aki yelled at something to finish him.

The pair of lips then said the number zero. A hand came out and grabbed the man. A large ribcage with two buffalo skulls emerged from the shadows. The hand divided into two hands and held the man by his arms. The two Buffalo skulls bit into his shoulders and collar bones.

The devil fell onto the ground with a splat.

Y/N was off to the side by Denji, just watching the fight go on as Power tried to help Himeno's bleeding.

Aki panted heavily as he turned his head to Y/N's direction, as he wanted their praise. They met eyes and Y/N gave him small smile with a thumbs up.

A double combo in Aki's book.

Power diverted Aki's attention over to Himeno as she did not like any eyes except hers on Y/N. Himeno would have to be taken to a hospital, which obviously made Y/N extremely nervous.

A teenage girl strode in. She had bleached hair and was wearing an over-sized hoodie above her barely noticeable shorts.

She walked over to the man's body and picked him up by the shoulder onto his feet.

Y/N stood up and took off their thick black jacket and handed it to Denji, as they did not want it to become dirty. Denji just hugged the jacket gently in his arms and shoved his entire face into the fabric.

The katana devil's head was looking down as the girl lectured him on what he had done wrong in his fight with Aki.

She then told him to hurry up and finish Aki off quickly.

Aki prepared his sword but he was a bit too slow. The devil stood behind him as his chest exploded into blood.

----------------------------------------------------------

Thanks for reading!