十一

Y/N sat behind a small desk that was covered with binders, papers and a small cup of pens and pencils. Makima stood by their side, telling them where they had to stamp and where to write.

"All this paperwork must be frustrating. It's like your being punished for killing that devil." exapered Makima.

Makima noticed Y/N's dazed face. She tilted their head to get a better look at their expression.

"Y/N, is something bothering you?" asked Makima.

"I... I finally got my hands on something I'd been chasing all this time. But once I grabbed  on to them, it was... nowhere near as great as I thought it would be. And now, it's like... when I have a different goal, when I finally reach it, am I gonna think that it was still just chasing after It? Isn't that... just the shittiest feeling?" explained Y/N.

Makima felt surprised and worried at the same time. "What are you talking about Y/N?" asked Makima.

"I'm talking about a vending machine that I saw that was selling these chips I wanted to buy. And when I finally got it, the chips were stale." cried Y/N.

Makima smiled lightly. She gently handled the teenager's soft hands. She pulled Y/N's hands close to her chest.

"I've got a favor to ask you. Is that okay?" asked Makima.

Y/N agreed silently. Makima leaned down and kissed theirforehead. "I want you to defeat the gun devil."  announced Makima with her smile.

"It appeared 13 years ago in America. We don't know where it is now... it's an extremely strong devil that all devil hunters are itching to kill. I think that you might be able to do it, because you are more special than any other devil hunters." explained Makima.

She smiled a bit brightly at Y/N's curious expression.

"If you can kill the gun devil, then I'll treat you to large feast of anything you want." announced Makima happily.

Of course Makima would treat them any time they want, but she also wanted Y/N to try a bit. But if they are not able to kill the gun devil, all Y/N had to do is to pout and she would give her an even bigger feast than promised.

Y/N agreed to Makima's proposal. The older woman then pulled out a briefcase that was lined with plush. Right in the middle of the briefcase layed eight chunks of meat that was shaped into bullets. She explained that when you put one piece close to the larger piece, it will cling.

--------------------------------------------------------------

A small crowd of seven people stood outside of a tall hotel. Aki stood infront of the crowd with a piece of the gun devil connected on a string.

_________________________________________

Thanks for reading!

(Sorry for the short chapter.)