Happy birthday

The bedroom light flickers on, making the girl rub her tired and crusted eyes. She closes them tightly as to protect the organs from the light's intense rays, not as intense as the sun's,  but enough to grumble while trying to hide away.

Aki stands at the side of the bed with a vanilla cake held in his hand. Scribly writing was drawn across the top, reading unintelligible symbols. Around the trim and the round corners were strawberries.

Ali places the cake that was in his hand and places it on the bedside table. He sits down on the girl's bed and lightly strokes her hair away from her eyes. He says in the lightest and most airy voice he could, "Come on Y/N. It's time to wake up."

And with those few words, the girl throws her body upwards and sits upright in her bed. "Birthday? Really? For me?" She questioned, not being able to trust her own ears. Aki smiles at her excitement and nods happily at her smiling face.

He shuffles the prementioned cake from the bedside table and into his hands again. He then gently shuffles into Y/N's lap. She looks down to see the a the odd symbols written in the cake and grimaces. "The fucks on this thing?"

Aki sighs in the same way an old man does and explains in great detail, some of which the girl could not understand, about how Power and Denji and fought for the entire time last night and early this morning on who should write what on their birthday cake. And while Aki and went to the bathroom to try and escape the two, they formed a temporary truce and combined their ideas. I'm essence, it was Power's interesting calligraphy and Denji's inability towards spelling or grammer.

At the mention of the duo, they burst in through the door, nearly knocking it off it's hinges. Denji lunges at the girl, nearly making the cake topple out of her hands. Luckily, Aki swiped it back and placed it back on the bedside table. Denji snuggled his face into the crook of the girl's neck and gave a long sigh. Power and landed into Y/N's lap, face down, and was kicking her feet aggressively.

And, as if planned and rehearsed, the three of them looked, and the girl with adoring eyes said in the happiest tone they could all muster,

"Happy birthday."

__________________________________________

This was just a little birthday piece for myself since my own birthday was on the 8th of May.

Thanks to the 8 people who wished me well on my last update. It's nice to know that some people, even strangers, care about me.

~China-Chan23