To Be Honest

Chapter 4
2:08 P.M.
"I guess this is it." Riley said as she drove away from the school. The streets were oddly a wreck.
There were cracks in the street, dead bodies by the sidewalk, wrecked and broken down cars, flickering street lights, and zambies of course.
"Where the hell are we going now?" Angelo asked.
"Can we raid into Hello Mart?" Connor asked.
"Yeah. But we need some of us to stay in here, just in case someone jacks the van." Queen explained.
"Drive slower! I don't want zambies to hear the van driving!" Ellie exclaimed.
"I'm going the slowest I can!" Riley replied.
Hello Mart was very close to the school, in fact it was just a turn and straight down the road.
"Me, Scarlet, Kimmie, Conner, and Angelo will head in and grab stuff. Stay put." Haru said.
They all hopped off the van and silently closed the door. It had only been today since the apocalypse started, but the store had already been invaded. The automatic sliding doors opened, and the small pack stepped into the store.
"Kill them all. There's only like, seven of them." Kimmie shrugged. They nodded, and killed away.
Afterwards, they all headed for the food and drinks.
"Grab some Thai tea for Queen, she likes that, apparently." Haru informed Angelo. Scarlet dashed for the medicine, while Connor and Kimmie went for the snacks.
Suddenly Connor decided to head for the broken cash register.
"What are you doing?" Kimmie questioned. Connor turned to Kimmie as he held two hundred-dollar bills.
"We need money." he replied.
"Why would we need money in a zambie apocalypse?"
Connor glared back at Kimmie, "Back off hayter." he warned.
"Well, YOLO." Kimmie said as she grabbed about fifty dollars. Once Connor was done raiding the register, they went back to getting the food.
"Do we have anything to hold all of it?" Scarlet asked as they gathered by the entrance.
"No, but we can look for something." Haru suggested.
"Oh, yeah there's these duffel bags at the back, and a Vans back-"
"Called it!" Kimmie shotgun, in the moment of cutting off Angelo.
Haru and Angelo went to the back to grab the bags, while Kimmie, Connor and Scarlet gathered the last of the things.
"I forgot to grab the flashlights and stuff." Connor said as he went to look for them. Angelo and Haru returned, and as quickly as they could they neatly packed their things.
"Just waiting for Connor," Kimmie said as she put on the big Vans backpack. Connor came back, with both hands full of supplies.
"I stuffed this duffel bag with pillows and blankets, so we can sleep somewhere." Connor informed.
"Great! That's really useful." Scarlet happily said.
"Why is it that everywhere we go there's duffel bags?" Kimmie questioned, though no one had an answer.
"Now lets get the hell out of here,"
Haru said as he walked out of the store.
3:15 P.M .
The crew gathered into the van, and passed out duffel bags and supplies.
"Thai tea! It's great 'cause this is expensive." Queen cheered.
"I don't mean to burden upon y'all but where are we staying for the night?" Steve inquired.
Hau'oli looked out the window, "Its getting dark, guys. We need to get moving."
"A roof. I don't want to stay near the ground!" Ellie said.
"Good idea. But what roof are we staying on? And it should be one that's hard to get on, since in apocalypses people tend to go nuts and kill everyone." Riley stated.
"Honestly? I think the bakery's roof is pretty safe. I mean it's like a small box with a short concrete barrier." Scarlet said.
"Plus it's halfway covered by a tree." Jayna added.
"It's also on a two-story building." Connor continued on.
"How will we get up? The bakery doesn't have ladders, they don't even have step stools." Angelo complained.
"Just like the duffel bag thing, except this time there's never ladders." Kimmie said. "We do what we do best: climb." she continued.
3:34 P.M.
They drove to the bakery which wasn't far down either. They live in a very small community.

They parked the van by the bushes behind the bakery, so no one will see it. They grabbed all the supplies and started climbing, in the same order they had did earlier that day. Except this time, Leslie was gone.
It seemed to be a slower process now that they had to carry bags of supplies, but they got up anyways.

"I got the pillows and blankets." Connor said, passing out a pillow and blanket to everyone. Luckily, it all was enough, leaving two pairs of pillows and blankets as spares.
They set up at the part of the roof covered by the tree, so that if it rains they'd stay dry.
Connor, Hau'oli, and Jayna were chatting, while Angelo listened in. Haru was next to Ellie and Queen, which was apparently really bugging Ellie.
Kimmie was looking down at the place while she wrapped her blanket around herself, and Riley was going on to Scarlet and Steve about how cool she thought her gun was.
Queen ordered everyone to gather their blankets and pillows near each other, but Kimmie stayed in place, since she was already nearby, just on the bottom-left corner of the squared roof.
5:00 P.M.
"This, this is all crazy. You guys wanna talk about it?" Queen asked the group.
"Honestly, I'm really scared. It's probably the first time I'm not sleeping at home, or without my family. It's crazy." Hau'oli confessed.
"I think it's the first time I've killed, well something considered human." Haru said.
"Yeah, me too." said Scarlet in response.
"It was horrifying," Kimmie said out of nowhere, "I saw my friends, die. They may have not been great friends, but, it hurt."
"I totally relate." Ellie said, though Connor rolled his eyes at her.
"Honestly I really thought we were gonna die earlier." Jayna said.
"You asked us if we brought our pens and pencils!" Angelo quietly laughed, causing a bit of the group to laugh too. But then the laughter slowly died down again.

"I had to be brave, to be honest. It would've been stupid to just be a coward." said Riley. Connor smiled, "We got each others' backs, right? I could die easily with these noodle arms."
"No one here is dying!" Queen quietly yelled to him. Disgrace, she thought.
"I'm just here for the free food." Steve said. The group laughed, and suddenly it was dark out.
"Sleep now guys, you'll need it." Queen directed. Half of the group had already fallen asleep. Kimmie looked at the stars as she was covered in her blanket and laying on her pillow. Connor was scrolling through his phone, trying to look at Instagram posts to cheer him up more. Ellie was panicking in silence, as always. Angelo had a hard time falling asleep, but he eventually did. By at least 10:00, everyone had fallen asleep, until morning light.