Rescue Mission Part Cinq

Chapter 18

7:00 A.M.

Steve groaned in exhaustion as Kari shook him awake. It was time. They were getting ready to help Steve escape.

Kari, Lena and Steve sat in the room, quickly eating sandwiches for breakfast before setting off. They had been feasting off water and sandwiches all day.

Once they were finished, Kari escorted Steve to the cells. They got off the elevator, and the list keeper was waiting there.

"Maria?" Steve asked shocked. Maria hugged him in excitement, "Steve! Oh my gosh how did you get here?"

"Its a long story," he replied.

"You two know each other?" Kari asked.

"We go to school together. We got here because we came to rescue you," Steve informed.

"Rescue?" Maria asked, "So you ran into JDA?"

"JDA is in the cells. You haven't checked yet?" Steve asked. Maria shook her head, and she rushed over to the cells.

"Abby!" Maria called. Abby looked up, and she jumped in joy, "Maria! Steve, you're alive! Get us out of here, we have to leave."

Maria unlocked Abby's cell, and continued down. She saw Zack, but Abby said to free him last. They got to Anthony, who was wiping clear his glasses.

"Anthony," Maria called. He looked up and quickly adjusted his glasses. He seemed to be out of words.

"Maria. Oh my god Maria," he said as he stood up. Maria opened his cell, and they embraced in a hug.

"I'm awing," Kari slightly interrupted, "but time is passing and your other friend is still locked up. I have to get you guys out soon."

Maria sighed, and without Zack noticing, she opened his cell.

"Zack," Maria called. Zack turned his attention to them, and he sighed. "Dude, I'm sorry."

"Forget it," Steve replied, "Let's just get out of here."

"No," Zack said, "You guys can get out of here. I deserve to stay here."

"Zack, can you just hurry up? Guards could be getting back anytime now. We have to leave and whether you like it or not we're not leaving without you," Abby warned. He sat silent, but then got up.

The rest of the cells were clear. The group stepped into the investigation room to grab their weapons, but all that was left was Steve's ammo, which technically only worked on rifles.

They began to walk towards the elevator, but once they were in front of it, it opened. Dr.Carmine stepped out of it.

"Dad, what are you doing up?" Kari asked surprised. Dr.Carmine darkly chuckled in reply, his voice cracking due to what Kari had said is his 'damaged lungs from science experiments.'

"I woke up early. Change of health, I suppose," he replied, "Why? Are you not pleased with my improvement of health? I assumed you would be a bit more grateful, after all, you do love your dear father, right?"

"Surely, I do," Kari nervously stated, "What brings you down here?"

"I'm here to execute the prisoners, or professionally speaking experiment on them. Were you going to do it?" he asked.

"Well actually-" Kari said, but she was cut off.

"I'll just execute them now, you can get a clear demonstration."