Boom

Chapter 19

7:22 A.M.

By the outskirts of the woods, Maria, Anthony, Abby, Lena, Steve and Kari laid on the ground. Shards of glass were flying through the air, and debris from the lab was flying all over the place, scattering and setting on fire.

The group was covered in dirt, and some of them were bruised and slightly bleeding. Steve got up, and he was in shock. In front of them was flames. Nothing but flames. A building, which was quickly turning black. Sparks of electricity damage in the air. Pieces of items or even the building was soaring and crashing in an instant.

Abby got up and spoke, "Zack..."

"He could've made it," Steve stated, "I would've been dead if it weren't for him. He didn't have to die!"

"Steve," Abby said.

"He can't be dead," Steve replied.

Maria sat up, and she stepped back and went to help up Anthony. He took a bunch of hits, and he only had the energy to sit up.

"Where's Lena and Kari?" Steve asked.

"Over here!" Kari yelled, and her and Lena were under a tree.

"What's wrong?" Maria asked. Lena shook her head, "I'm the least of your worries right now."

"But we care," Anthony said as he slumped by a tree. Abby walked over to them. "Your skin," she said to Lena. Kari nodded, "Yep, she's sort of sensitive to the sun."

"Don't hide it from them," Lena complained, "I'm a vampire. I'm not going to kill anyone though."

"Figures. You would've taken my blood right about now. Or even Zack's," Anthony said. Maria sighed, "I'll look around the area for help or something. Don't even worry, Abby will help me."

Maria and Abby walked down the perimeter of the lab, and the rest stayed put.

***

Ellie, Connor, and Kimmie crashed back and onto the ground, creating a 'thud' sound. They were awfully close to the lab.

"Ellie," Connor said, shaking her body. She was lying motionless.

"Ugh," Kimmie said, pulling a small shard of glass from her neck. She sat up and saw Ellie and Connor down the woods. "Ellie, Connor!" she yelled, rushing over to them.

At the cars, The groups stayed ducked, and some parts of the car were hit by debris, but they weren't close enough to get hurt.

As they got closer, Abby and Maria saw JDA's car, and they began running towards them.

"Maria Abby oh my god oh my god!" Ranica exclaimed, rushing over from behind the car to hug them.

"What?" Carissa asked, turning to check. The rest of JDA continued to go over to hug them.

"Where's Anthony and Zack?" Alissa asked.

"Long story," Maria said, "Just come with us. We have to help out Anthony and for all we know zambies could be getting here any second now."

"We'll just drive the car in, just in case we gotta leave ASAP. I'm pretty sure we can drive it down there, just lead us," Cody said. They told Queen's group that they'd be back, and they drove the car down to where Anthony, Steve, Kari and Lena were.

"I'll go get band aids and stuff, stay here!" Connor directed to Kimmie, and he rushed over to the group by the van.

"Connor! We've been worried sick about you!" Scarlet exclaimed.

"No time for that! Something's wrong with Ellie!" he informed, pointing to Ellie and Kimmie down in the woods.

"Why? What happened?" Haru asked concerned.

"What the hell do you think happened? The godda*mn place exploded! I'm getting medical equipment," Connor replied, and he ran into the van to grab medical aid.

"Oh my gosh, Ellie," Queen worriedly said, and her and Haru ran into the woods to check on her.

"We can't stay here," Jayna warned, "JDA just said zambies could be gathering soon."

"Riley, get the car started," Hau directed. Riley nodded, hopping into the driver's seat. Angelo scanned the area, "Where's Steve?"

"He's probably with JDA. Either way we'll find him later. If he's not with them at the house we'll come back to find him. He can survive for an hour or so," Scarlet explained.

Suddenly, three white vans with the logo 'CI' with a cartoon test tube drove by and stopped. A couple of men in suits got out of the vans and pointed guns at the group.

"Stop!" one man said, "Drop your weapons."

The group outside the van hesitated. The man gave them all a glare, and they slowly loosened their grips on their weapons.

"We're not going to hurt you," the man stated, as him and the rest of his guards stepped closer. The group began backing up, and they were beginning to get closer to Riley's van.

"Ma'am, get out of the car!" the man warned. Riley didn't step out, but the guards got close enough to snatch away their weapons.

"We won't hesitate to shoot," the man stated. Guards began grabbing the group, and they dragged them away and into their white vans. Riley sighed, and she stepped out of the van. They saw Connor, and the guards dragged them both into the vans.

"Take the car too," the man ordered, "We head directly down to the second lab. No detours."

The men got into the vans, and one man drove Riley's van. He followed the other vans as they drove east down the road.

Queen stepped out of the woods and sighed, "They took them."

JDA drove out from the woods and out to the road. They stopped beside Queen and some of them got down.

"Queen!" Steve said, hugging her, "Where's the rest?"

"Most of them were kidnapped by these men with white vans. The rest of us were hiding in the woods. Ellie is unconscious," she replied. "You're orange..."

"He can story tell later, Queen," Ranica joked. Queen grumbled in reply.

"Go get Ellie. Its safer in the car and we'll try to find out where they took the rest," Dorthy informed. Queen nodded, and she stepped back into the woods to inform Haru and Kimmie. Steve waited in the car as they carried Ellie there. Once they were all in, they began to drive down the road, but slow. Now, they had to find the second lab.