Rescue Mission Part Dos

*Explicit language involved*

Chapter 12

1:55 P.M.

"Where do you want to wait?" Anthony asked Kimmie. Kimmie shrugged, "Its really up to you."

"Try by that rock hedge over there," Haru suggested. "It looks like one of the only places to hide out here."

"I guess the rest of us should split up to cover some ground," Carissa said. "I'll get the left of the area. The grass around there is pretty tall."

"Yeah, and some zambies could walk out of the woods too, I'll get the front area," Riley informed.

"I've got east," Haru said.

"I guess me and Zack will handle the back," Abby said, "Zack, you should also keep an eye on Kimmie and Anthony, in case we miss something."

"Where do I go?" Steve asked confused.

"You can guard with me. If I drop my glasses I need backup," Carissa joked.

"Oh yeah," Anthony reminded, "We can't take our weapons with us. Abby, take my blade."

"Oh, Riley, can you take my blade too? And my fanny pack?" Kimmie asked.

"Yeah, sure," Riley said, as her and  Abby took Anthony and Kimmie's weapons.

The group split up to cover ground. Anthony and Kimmie stood behind a rock hedge to wait, while the rest went to their stations. Riley stood her ground up north of the area, while Haru stood east. Across from him were Steve and Carissa, who were quietly reviewing the plan. Abby stood south, just a couple of feet from Zack, who was trying to keep focus on his job.

"Time check," Kimmie said to Anthony. Anthony glanced down to his watch, "2:03," he replied. "By 2:10, we should get in the area. After five minutes, the dome will close us in."

Suddenly a zambie snuck up on Anthony, one that no one had cleared away. The jump scare was frightening, causing Anthony to yell sh*t and Kimmie to screech. "Sh*t sh*t sh*t," Anthony cussed, backing away from the rock. The zambie turned to Kimmie, and she backed up as well. It turned back to Anthony, and he had no choice but to keep moving backwards.

"A stick," Kimmie mouthed to him. Anthony turned around, and picked up the nearest tree branch/stick. He hit the zambie, but soon after his stick snapped. Kimmie ran back, heading over for a rock to use. Anthony continued to walk backwards, and what he didn't know was that he was close to the dome's barrier. Riley didn't notice what had been happening, since she was keeping watch of the front. Haru had't noticed, since he was close to where they entered, so he was paying attention to the woods. Carissa was checking over the grass.

Kimmie turned around, carrying her rock and heading over to Anthony, who no one knew, had crossed over the barrier, along with the zambie. Kimmie was getting closer, until a voice calmly yelled at her to stop.

"Kimmie! Don't move!" Steve said, not a far distance from her. She held up her rock, displaying it to Steve. He nodded a no, because really, the rock she found wouldn't be able to kill the zambie. Steve knows, he's tried it before.

Anthony was near the zambie, backing away, while also glancing at Steve. Steve had his gun out, ready to shoot. And so he did. He fired and the bullet hit into the skull of the zambie. But of course, it had an after effect.

Kimmie and Anthony ran over to Steve. "Nice aim," Kimmie said. "Thanks, by the way," Anthony said to Steve.

Suddenly, a couple of zambies were caving in from the south. Riley looked back, frustration on her face. "What the heck!" she exclaimed, as zambies also came from the north, but not as much. The same went with Haru and Carissa. Carissa fought off the zambies, along with Haru, who was trying to keep track of the way they entered from. Abby and Zack ran over to the three at the center, who were unsure of what to do.