8. Jealousy

Madison wakes in a cloud of confusion and dread. Confused as to why she would ever do what she had done last night, and dreading to face the consequences of her actions.
She threw a jumper on and made her way to Lucy's room. She felt bad for ignoring her last night and wondered why she knocked on her door at 11pm.

"Lucy?"
She said after knocking three times on her door

Lucy opened the door with a smile and beckoned Madison to come in.

"Hey, Madison"

"Hey"
Madison returned

"How did yesterday go?"
She said as she sat down on the edge of her bed

"Yesterday? What do you mean?"
She said, flustered

"Umm, your appointment with Dr Lecter." She said while giggling at Madison's answer "What did you think i meant?"

"Oh" She said laughing "Nothing, i'd just forgotten where i'd went"

Lucy stared at her, waiting for her to reply to her question.

"Oh, yeah. It was good, i didn't get back until quite late though."

"I figured. You didn't answer when i came to see you, you must've still been out."

"You came to see me? What about?"
The lies slipped out so easily

"Not much, i'd just heard people in the hallway laughing, i wanted to know if you had heard it too or if i was just going crazy!"

Madison laughed awkwardly

"I doubt you're going crazy, Lucy"

"We have group therapy today"
Lucy said, changing the subject

Madison sighed

"I might have to ask Dr Lecter to get me out of it"
She said, laughing

"No! You can't leave me to fend for myself!"
Both girls laughed

They both made their way downstairs.

Every time Madison found herself enjoying being with Lucy, the words of Hannibal came to her.
"She will only drag you down"
Madison thought Lucy would never do anything bad towards her, but she knew that Hannibal was more intelligent than her, and decided to listen to his every word.

During the day, Madison distanced herself from the other girls more, including Lucy. She hated it, but thought it had to be done. It was only until Lucy came over to her and asked if everything was okay, that Madison had realised how it wasn't only affecting her. Lucy had started to blame herself for Madison's doings.

"Did i do something wrong, Madison?"
Lucy asked in an innocent voice while sat opposite her by the arts and crafts table.

Madison looked up with a sad expression

"No, of course not. Just not feeling like myself today, that's all."

"Oh, ok." She said "I'll leave you to yourself for a while, if you want."
Madison nodded slightly.
Lucy presented a half smile and left the table.

Lucy had questioned her sudden change of attitude from this morning but just assumed that because of everything she's been through, this is normal.

Madison continued to sit by the table, just staring at the wall and overthinking. It's not that she didn't want to speak to anyone, it's that she couldn't.

"Madison, Dr Lecter is here to see you."
Called doctor Carter from the doorway

Madison turned her head quickly to see him smirking.
She got up from her chair and walked over to him, awkwardly. She hadn't seen him since last night so she didn't really know what to expect.
As she approached the doorway he moved to the side slightly to let her through.