9. A new start

The next day, there was no sign of Doctor Carter. Madison wondered what Hannibal had said and to who. She felt guilty for admitting to Hannibal what had happened and possibly getting Doctor Carter fired, but was pleased she didn't have to face the awkardness of seeing him anymore.

Madison had spent the whole day drowning in self pity. She'd withdrawn herself even more from socialising and watched as Lucy spoke more with the other girls. As every second passed, Madison felt even more alone.

When it came to 4pm she questioned if Hannibal was even going to come to visit. Her overthinking took over so she decided to do everything she could to forget about it. She started to draw, but instead of escaping thoughts of Hannibal, they were the only that came to mind. She started to lightly sketch his sharp jaw and then his prominent cheekbones.

She stopped drawing and looked up when she heard someone call her name.

"Miss Marshall?"

"Yes?"

"Dr Lecter is waiting for you."

Is this his replacement? she thought
Does everyone know what happened ?
Madison looked around the room, expecting everyone to be everyone staring at her. No one was.
She screwed up the paper she had been drawing on and threw it in the bin on her way out.

Instead of Hannibal being where he usually is, in the small room, he was waiting for Madison by the entrance.

"Hello, Madison."

She looked behind her and saw the nurse

"Hello, Dr Lecter."
It felt weird for her to not call him Hannibal.

Hannibal shot the women a deadly glare, in which she replied by walking away and leaving them alone.

"You need to pack your things."

"What? Why?"

"You will not be returning here."

She gave him a look of confusion.

"Now, please."
He lifted his arm and gestured to the stairs

Madison looked at him once more to make sure this wasn't just some messed up joke, and then ran up the stairs and to her room.
She lifted the suitcase from under her bed and placed it on top. She quickly chucked all of her clothes and other belongings into the bag and zipped it up. She stood and stared at her empty room and took a deep breath.
What the hell is going on ?
She backed up and looked at her bland room for the last time. Although she hadn't stayed there for long, she felt as if a lot had happened in the short amount of time.

After she'd closed her door, she dragged her suitcase down the hallway, passing the other rooms. When she got to Lucy's room, she peered through the slightly open door.
If she's in here, i'll speak to her.
To her surprise, she wasn't in there. Nothing but her belongings scattered across the floor.

When she made it back down to Hannibal she hoped to see Lucy somewhere. She looked around hoping she'd appear somewhere, but she didn't.

"Looking for something?"
Asked Hannibal

"What? Oh, No."