XIII

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘖𝘯𝘦 𝘙𝘦𝘥 𝘙𝘰𝘴𝘦 & 𝘋𝘰𝘻𝘦𝘯𝘴 𝘰𝘧 𝘞𝘩𝘪𝘵𝘦 𝘙𝘢𝘣𝘣𝘪𝘵𝘴

♛♛♛

Julius was driving at just over 100 miles, which was provoking Hazel to just about pass out.

The speed was crazy, just fast enough for Hazel to vomit all over his otherwise spotless car.

Thankfully, Hazel would gratefully lean back in her seat and swallow down the lump in her throat whenever they came to a halt at a red light—well, the red lights Julius hadn't sped through.

"Juls, are you sure going this fast is necessary?"

Hazel's gaze raced back and forth between him and the road. As she watched him zigzag between cars, her gaze was frantic and heavy, the kind of swerving that involved his car being an inch away from touching the other cars but never actually doing so.

Julius rolled his eyes dismissively and gave her a look that said, "Does it look like I give a fly".

"Can't you get in trouble?" She mumbled, sinking down into the cool leather seat as they neared an open bridge.

He chuckled. A dark chuckle, almost amused. Hazel cast a glance to her left and caught a glimpse of his dimples just as his cheeks and lips returned to their customary straight lines of nothingness.

"No." He responded strongly, easily rounding a corner. The girl watched the way his muscles flexed as he manoeuvred the car with awe.

The ink-covered golden skin underneath had bulging muscles beneath it, which tensed with each movement of his hand.

"What's wrong?" Julius asked, raising an inquisitive eyebrow at her. Hearing the low buzz in his voice, she shook out of her daze and returned to reality.

"Oh, nothing." She shrugged and returned her gaze to the window, desperately attempting to ignore the tingling sensation in her stomach, which she had come to refer to as butterflies.

And it appears to be one of the benefits you experience when you have a romantic attraction to someone. You could say Hazel had done some research.

A lake could be seen through the window. On both sides of the lake, it was surrounded by woodlands. The lake was covered with lily pads with small petals and some that were just plain, as well as the reflection of the sunlight on it.

When the vehicle came to a halt, Hazel realised he had brought them to the location.

Julius exited the car first, but before she could exist, he had opened the door for her.