XXXVIII

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

ᴛʜɪʀᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘗𝘦𝘳𝘧𝘦𝘤𝘵𝘪𝘰𝘯

♛♛♛

She could hardly breathe.

Her voice was as soft as a mouse, but it was heard.

The man moved forward, but not like last time Hazel didn't move an inch.

Julius kept moving, he moved until the tips of his shoes were touching the tips of her fluffy socks. The dim light casts onto his sharp features, every single feature now mesmerised in her memory.

Hazel mentally couldn't believe that he was here, in front of her too.

His eyes were just as lifeless and silver as the last time. Somewhat lonelier and colder. As if the little light they had before was now flamed out.

His hair was the same, cropped at the ears and strewn recklessly across his forehead in a deep brown madness.

His slack jaw was flexed and tightened hard, indicating that he was as tense as the rest of him.

As her eyes found his rosy lips, she watched as they part.

"Why white?" He had the same deep voice that she recalled. A low hum, a rumbling that vibrated from his chest and somehow found its way into hers. And his voice was always softer than a whisper, which was her personal favourite sound.

She blinks and tilts her head up to meet his intense look as she processes his words.

"What do you mean, Juls?"

She could see his chest rising and falling deeply, especially after her mouth spoke.

"Why the white roses? I thought you liked red." He stated more than questioned. His voice had a bored but alluring pitch to it.

She shifted her gaze to the side table, which housed the vase of white roses she'd purchased only hours before, wincing slightly at the recollection of her tears over the red roses.

"I do like red, I just wanted the white ones for a change."

He seems to stare at her deeply as if he saw exactly straight through her.

Then he hums.

A sound that lasted shortly but lingered enough in the air.

They stare at each other for a little while longer, as if Hazel still couldn't believe her Julius came back. And yet his first words were questions about why she chose white roses instead of red.

Nevertheless, Hazel seemed to feel it all at that moment and another tear rolled down her cheek.

Amongst the darkness, Julius caught it with his thumb, his touch sent lightning bolts down her bloodstream and her stomach rekindled with that certain fire again.